Christian Goodreaders discussion

God is My Light
This topic is about God is My Light
Goodreads Authors in Our Group > New Member & New Book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shimika (new)

Shimika | 6 comments Hello Everyone.... Christmas Season is approaching fast, As Christians we are called salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13-16 which means we are called to preserve the earth showing Christ to others- His attributes and examples). Christmas 2017, Let us season those in our lives, community and world with...Love, Joy, Peace, Forbearance, Kindness, goodness, Faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (in words and deeds-Galatians 5:22-26). The Best gift we could ever give someone is God's Word. I challenge you to share positive and encouraging words with others this Christmas Season....remember Christmas begins with Christ. Join me in making Christ the focus this Christmas Season... God Is My Light is available at Amazon and Barnes & Nobles.

message 2: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Conner | 2 comments I don't th think 'christmas' has anything to do with My Lord Jesus as He was born round about September 2BC and the romans foisted their pagan feast days on us.
It's just a commercial bonanza for big business!

God bless you for your thoughts though.

message 3: by Shimika (new)

Shimika | 6 comments Thank you Tommy...I am not saying he was or was not born then; what I am saying during the Holiday Season (from Thanksgiving until New Year)- we should take the time to show other Jesus Christ-attributes and example because in the hustle of everyday living and our personal stuff we often don't have time, energy, etc. We forget that CHRISTian begin Christ...so we should reflect him more and less of ourselves!!!

message 4: by Shimika (new)

Shimika | 6 comments I recall Jesus Met people where they were at... the women at the well, Moses in the wilderness and us (in darkness-Sin)... so if it means meeting people in a commercial bonanza, we should be willing.

message 5: by Shimika (new)

Shimika | 6 comments Correction...God meet all of people where they are at, the women, Moses in the wilderness and us (in darkness-sin).

message 6: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Slonaker | 62 comments I agree that Christmas is not the actual time of Jesus’s birth, but I’m not against any opportunity the world gives us to present the love of the Savior openly. Sometimes, people’s hearts are a little more open during this season.

message 7: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Conner | 2 comments I don't celebrate 'christmas' as the birth of My Saviour, I also witness to anyone at any time! I don't believe Christians should have anything to do with any 'babylonian traditions' foisted on true Christianity ie. Wassail bowls, christmas trees, giving of gifts, praying to statues or praying to dead people etc, if you're giving gifts why not do it long before Dec 25th or after the date. That way you will not be adhering to these pagan beliefs. (Do I sound like a fanatic? Just a lover of my God and Saviour, it hurts to see Christians being deluded by the world).
I was brutally raised in an Irish catholic home and never heard ANYTHING of the Bible or Christ, it was always 'mary this and mary that'. The priests and nuns who 'taught' me were amongst the most brutal, anti-Christian souls I've ever encountered!
Now I'm free Thanks to My Saviour, and know the true Word of God.
Everyone should read the late Dave Hunt's 'A Woman Rides The Beast'

God Bless you all

message 8: by Shimika (new)

Shimika | 6 comments Thank you Tommy for your insight...The main thing is we both love Jesus Christ. I am not going to lose focus of Jesus Christ or love for my brothers or sisters because I am not politically correct about dates, signs, and more in regards God's Word. I have learned to learn from others' failures and weakness in the Bible, especially the Pharisees and other religion leaders (Sadducees)...they were so focus on outward appearance, laws, popularity and rituals; they fail to recognize Jesus Christ when He was among them. God's Word (The Bible) reminds us in Titus 3:9...But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.
2 Timothy 2:23-24...Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
2 Timothy 2:14 Keep reminding God's People of these thing. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value and only ruins those who listen. Christian are to be loving, kind, humble and respectful to others. Dates, Rituals, and traditions are meaningless. What count is our motives and wholeheartedly and completely applying God's Word (Written Word-The Bible) and (living Word- Jesus Christ; His attributes and examples). Also, The Bible reminds us in Mark 7:15 (NLT)... it's not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart. God is the only one who sees are heart not man!
God Bless you and have a wonderful weekend!
P.s. we all have been in the dark (lack of knowledge, have suppress the truth, etc. See Romans 1-3) and will not see clearly until we meet Him face to face.

message 9: by Easton (new)

Easton Livingston (eastonlivingston) | 8 comments *sigh*