The Lost Book of the Grail The Lost Book of the Grail question

Was the Mensa Christi the Holy Grail?
Jeanette Meehan Jeanette Oct 20, 2017 11:09AM
I did not believe the table was the grail. I thought the table was a relic but sketched with a cup that Arthur brought to drink from the sacred spring. This book was discussed at the library and everyone else believed the table was the grail. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else understood it the same as I did and what made them come to that conclusion.

I was the only one at the book discussion that did not believe the table was the grail. I too reread it several times and read nothing that indicated it was. Also, in the painting there is the table and a cup said to be the grail. Thanks for your insight.

Taylor (last edited Dec 26, 2017 01:41PM ) Dec 26, 2017 01:41PM   0 votes
I was on the same page as you. I had to go back and reread several pages to make sure that I understood correctly that the holy grail, the legend of the cup cup that has been sought after by King Arthur, the Templars and many more is actually a table. The cup that was used in the story was nothing special, only used to gather the water that had the ability to heal.

Holy Blood, Holy Grail and DaVinci Code used the term cup, or chalice in a very creative way, making it a womb instead, but in this, the twist was not as clear, or in my opinion as clever. I still loved the story, but not hugely fond of the grail twist.