World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 687 comments This is apparently in Beta testing now:

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/top...

Has anyone tried it out for their books yet? Do we think it's a good idea or a bad idea?

message 2: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 10689 comments No idea how good it is, but it will be interesting to see.

message 3: by Karsten (new)

Karsten Nielsen (karstenbechnielsen) | 8 comments Looks interesting, but it probably comes with the ordinary kindle limitations i.e. lacking ability to transform more complex formatting.

message 4: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 687 comments Karsten wrote: "Looks interesting, but it probably comes with the ordinary kindle limitations i.e. lacking ability to transform more complex formatting."

You're probably right about that ;)

message 5: by Goran (new)

Goran Zivanovic I use LibreOffice, instead of Word. Not sure how that will go down.

I already use Calibre to convert to epub and check layout on devices. Might be good for some users?

Acupuncture of The Mind

message 6: by Karsten (new)

Karsten Nielsen (karstenbechnielsen) | 8 comments I'm humping along with my old Word 2003. Fortunately it can still convert the manuscript to acceptable docx.

Doesn't Kindle accept libreoffice documents? Just a tip, Goran; Calibre really likes Kindles HTML :o)

message 7: by Goran (new)

Goran Zivanovic Karsten wrote: "Doesn't Kindle accept libreoffice documents? Just a tip, Goran; Calibre really likes Kindles HTML :o)"

That's a great tip, Karsten. Thanks. I don't think it accepts .odt files from memory. I export them as .doc and hope for the best in Calibre before sending them off to Kindle.

I read somewhere that .docx is problematic, which I did try as an export and it looked all wrong.

Acupuncture of The Mind