Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Laura Kaye
This topic is about Laura Kaye
2017 Challenges Archive > FAC: Laura Kaye (November 2017)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7532 comments November - Laura Kaye

Laura Kaye is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of primarily contemporary and erotic romance and romantic suspense. She also writes historical non-fiction novels under her real name, Laura Kamoie.

Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her life-long interest in storytelling and the supernatural. A fascination with the people, stories, and physical presence of the past led her to a lifetime of historical and archaeological study and training. She holds a doctoral degree in early American history from The College of William and Mary, published two non-fiction books on early America, and held the position of Associate Professor of History at the U.S. Naval Academy.

In the summer of 2008 Laura sustained a mild traumatic brain injury. During her recovery, she discovered a previously unknown creative urge and began writing fiction, completing a novel in 11 weeks. After writing part-time for several years, she published her first novel, Hearts in Darkness in 2011, but continued to teach at the Naval Academy during the day while writing at night. She finally retired from teaching in 2014 to write full time.

Laura has won numerous awards for her writing, including the 2014 RT Book Reviews Reviewers’ Choice Award for Hard as You Can in the category of Best Romantic Suspense.

Laura lives surrounded by the colonial charm of Annapolis, Maryland with her husband and two daughters, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.

Laura's GR pages can be found here: Laura Kaye and Laura Kamoie

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Laura Kaye.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of November.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7532 comments **

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7532 comments **

message 4: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7532 comments I'm in, and most definitely an A for this author. I'm planning on reading Ride Wild, but might actually try to fit in something else, too!

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21410 comments Me, Me, Me! I'm a big A! I'm looking forward to Ride Wild next month too! And I have Bound to Submit on my M&G list too.

message 6: by Loz (new)

Loz | 57 comments I'm in, have read a couple of her books and enjoyed them so I'm a B. Will be reading Hard as It Gets.

message 7: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1386 comments Haven't read any of her books but I'll read Hard as It Gets as I've had it on my TBR for quite a while.

message 8: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1676 comments So I've read one of the author's books and I did enjoy it. Been awhile though so I'm going to say I was a B going in as I haven't rushed to read the rest of the series. But I'm going to go with the second book for this. West of Want

message 9: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments LOL - I've just read one (Hearts in Darkness)! I don't have anymore on my bookshelf to read since this was a new author for me, but if I have time I might squeeze in Hard as It Gets.

I liked the beginning of Hearts in Darkness but was bored by the end (with some pretty endless smexing ;). I'd say I'm a D but I feel I should give the author another go since it was only a novella.

message 10: by Loz (new)

Loz | 57 comments Have just finished Hard as It Gets, my third book by this author. Once again I enjoyed it, four stars for me.
Am interested in reading more in this series, so I'm an A.

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2071 comments I finished reading Hard as It Gets by Laura Kaye and gave it four stars. I started out a C and ended up an A, I liked it a lot. It was a good beginning to an interesting series. I'll be looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Hard as It Gets (Hard Ink, #1) by Laura Kaye

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11192 comments I started as a B, I had only read one of her books in the past and I really enjoyed it.

For this challenge I read Eyes on You (Blasphemy, #2.5) by Laura Kaye . I liked it. I remain a B/B+. I would definitely read one of her books again, but not burning rubber.

message 13: by Shelby (last edited Nov 28, 2017 03:50PM) (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1676 comments Shelby wrote: "So I've read one of the author's books and I did enjoy it. Been awhile though so I'm going to say I was a B going in as I haven't rushed to read the rest of the series. But I'm going to go with the..."

This was another fun installment. The insta-love isn't my favorite, but I still get wrapped up in these. West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, #2) by Laura Kaye ★★★★

message 14: by Ann (new)

Ann | 20 comments I was a C and I tried 'In the Service of the King'. It was okay, but I wasn't incredibly impressed by some story elements. I'm between a B and a C at this point, but I'll probably read North of Need at some point and see if she's better in a longer story....

message 15: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7532 comments I ended up reading 2 books...one written as Laura Kaye and one as Laura Kamoie. I loved Ride Wild as much as I expected to. America's First Daughter is a genre that I don't read often (historical fact-based fiction), but I really enjoyed it, and also learned a little more about Thomas Jefferson and the early days of America.

I started as an A, and I'm still a huge A!

message 16: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21410 comments I finished Ride Wild last week and loved it!! I didn't get to the other one I wanted to read, but I will soon!

I started an A and I end an A!

message 17: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1386 comments I finished Hard as It Gets and enjoyed it. I started a C and now am a B