CanadianContent discussion

Archives 2017 > w/o October 20 to 26, 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ❀ Susan (new)

❀ Susan G (susanayearofbooksblogcom) | 4242 comments Mod
Greetings readers!!

It is hard to believe that the end of October is nearing. In Southern Ontario, we have had fabulous, sunny and warm weather. It has been nice to be able to wear sandals and sneak in a bit of reading outside but reading by the fire will be here soon!

It has also been an exciting couple of weeks with many award announcements which are filling our TBR shelves!

What are you reading? What is next?

message 2: by Louise (new)

Louise | 1585 comments Tuesday evening I was reading by the fireplace. Today I was reading on my deck. Such drastic changes from one day to the next.

I am in the middle of reading Transit and I am loving it moreso than Outline although it's really much of the same, however this time I knew what to expect and am simply enjoying the writing and not looking for plot. To answer a previous question, you definitely don't need to read Outline first. I am usually a stickly for reading books in order, but these two are really interchangeable as to their order. Both books are basically conversations she has with different people.

In short stories, I am still reading some Josip Novakovich stories, about halfway through Ex-YU.

And in audio I'm listening to A Stranger in the House by the same author of The Couple Next Door, and I will probably end up giving it the exact same review: "It's not great literature, nor fantastic writing, but it kept me entertained while I walked my dogs." I'm not done yet so I can't commit to my comment that she makes it too easy to guess what is going on, but I think I've had this one figured out from the get-go. The problem with this book is that there are not enough characters so the possibilities are very few.

message 3: by Emmkay (new)

Emmkay | 383 comments I've had a mad week, but did finish a couple of books.

City of Friends was a 'mom book' and not a bad read, though not great either.

Then I read History of Wolves, which was Booker-shortlisted. It took me some time to warm up to - the narrator has a flat, unappealing voice and you don't know where it's going or what it's for initially, but then it got very interesting.

I'm going to be away this next week, and just taking one book with me - Home Fire. Hope it's good!

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane (Tvor) | 548 comments It's been warmer than usual here too. In the city (Halifax), most of the trees are still green with a bit of colour though outside the city it's full dressed Autumn Leaves. We need a good frosty night to get them kick started but I'm afraid what will happen is they'll go from green to brown and then fall off.

It's been a good week for reading. I finished Bellevue Square by Michael Redhill and I've got to say it did my head in, not necessarily in a bad way, just a "Whoah, what was that?" way. I look forward to the discussions next month. Also dragged myself to the end of The Manticore by Robertson Davies. While it's well written, (how could it not be?) I just couldn't connect very well with it. The psychology aspect bored me and I didn't like the main character. He thinks he's learned a lot about himself but I don't think he's changed at all.

After that, I needed something light so I'm burning my way delightfully through Poles Apart by Terry Fallis, I Am a Truck by Michelle Winters and getting to the end of The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye by David Lagercrantz which isn't bad but his books seem to lack the intensity that Stieg Larsson's did.

message 5: by Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (last edited Oct 20, 2017 04:46AM) (new)

Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (allisonhikesthebookwoods) | 2039 comments @Louise, thanks for the heads up on Transit. With so many bad reviews of Outline, I'm not really interested in reading both if it's not necessary. I'm generally a stickler for reading all books in a series too, so it's good to have this common opinion from those who have read both.

@Louse (again), I also listened to A Stranger in the House recently. You are right, in that it's somewhat entertaining, but that's about all to expect from it.

@Diane, interesting comments on Bellevue Square. I'm saving it for November, but you're making me a little wary of it!

Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (allisonhikesthebookwoods) | 2039 comments Happy Friday CanLit lovers! Any big plans for the weekend?

I'm just about finished reading Bodily Harm, which has to be my least favourite of Margaret Atwood's books (that I’ve read). I listened to Mary Kubica's new one this week, Every Last Lie, which also proved to be my least favourite book of hers. Her last book, Don't You Cry, was so good (for the thriller genre). I really thought she was getting better and better with each one. Sadly, I was mistaken.

Now I’m starting on some spooky books for Halloween. I’m listening to Those Across the River, which so far isn’t quite as chilling as I’d hoped. I’m reading Practical Magic next. I saw the movie with Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock years ago, but I can’t remember the storyline at all. I continue to boycott Stephen King as his writing style just isn’t my thing – no matter how interesting his stories are.

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane (Tvor) | 548 comments Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ wrote: "@Louise, thanks for the heads up on Transit. With so many bad reviews of Outline, I'm not really interested in reading both if it's not necessary. I'm generally a st..."

I've read confusing books before but Bellevue Square, while confusing, wasn't frustrating either. It's a slow descent into madness I think. I was as bewildered as the main character must have been by the end.

I saw Practical Magic as well and want to read the book. I recently finished what is actually a Prequel to it, The Rules of Magic, just recently published (got it through Netgalley) really loved it!

message 8: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 336 comments Hello everyone!

I just recently finished The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin. The Broken Earth is one of my favourite series and I'm really happy with how it ended.

I'm going to a work conference over the weekend and am planning on taking The Love of a Good Woman by Alice Munro with me. I started it earlier this year but wound up putting it down. I love her voice and style but find I need to dedicate myself to it otherwise I don't know what's going on. So I'm hoping it'll make a nice book to read a story or two in the evening before bed.

Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (allisonhikesthebookwoods) | 2039 comments Diane wrote: "I saw Practical Magic as well and want to read the book. I recently finished what is actually a Prequel to it, The Rules of Magic, just recently published (got it through Netgalley) really loved it!"

The publicity of The Rules of Magic is actually what put me onto it! So glad to hear you liked it. Assuming I enjoy Practical Magic, I plan to follow up with the new one.

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon White | 288 comments This week I finished The History of Bees. It was well-written and a unique perspective however it didn't truly captivate me.

I have just started I Am a Truck for a few reasons.... firstly, I work in automotive and am interested to read a book that must place much emphasis on a person's vehicle however I am saddened to learn that it's a Silverado! haha SEcondly, so many of you all were reading it that I became curious. It was a complete detour from the books that have hovered at the top of my TPR pile for awhile but I do enjoy going rogue once in awhile. :)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan | 929 comments Happy Friday!

This week I finished Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, which was very interesting but so disheartening. People really can be horrible.

I also finished Sing, Unburied, Sing, which I loved SO MUCH. I think this will likely be my favourite book of the year. I am now struggling to pick my next fiction read because this one will be so hard to follow. I have three award books sitting around but am not feeling motivated by any of them. I hope I'm not heading for a reading slump.

I am still reading We Are Never Meeting In Real Life, which has overstayed its welcome at this point. Hoping to finish it over the weekend.

message 12: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments @Susan, so true about Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, but greed often drive people to do terrible things to one another :(

message 13: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments Happy Friday!

This week I finished Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life, The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business & Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelouin audiobooks and Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man's Voice from the Silence of Autism in paper.

I'm not a self-help book reader, but I actually didn't get bored with The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business and learned a lot about how we program ourselves to do what we do. It was not so scientific to overwhelm readers and I really came away learning a lot of practical tips.
Also, I LOVED Letter to My Daughter. Listening to Maya Angelou's voice was just such a treat and the stories were so heart-warming and funny. Highly recommend!

Currently I am reading The Alice Network, which I'm really enjoying! Remind me of The Nightingale a bit.
I have some Giller shortlist books on hold at the library, none of them is a book I'd like to keep to purchase. Unlike last year, there is not one I'm dying to read.
Do have The Water Beetles now to start buddy read.
Have a great weekend! Looks like a beautiful one in Ontario!

message 14: by Alan (new)

Alan | 626 comments I spent the week, and will continue today to read lots of children's illustrated books. I was hoping to start Consolation
this weekend for a City of toronto book club but I know I can't polish it off in time and I hate being rushed, so I'm putting it to the side and focusing on short stories for now.
Happy weekend everyone!

message 15: by Allison (last edited Oct 20, 2017 07:49AM) (new)

Allison | 2250 comments Well I am glad that all of you have read so many books, because I've really been slack. Honestly, back to the old "too much work, too many kids" excuse.

Anyway, nearly done the same two as last week: Strangers with the Same Dream and We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy. Both good. Sadly for Ta-Nehisi Coates I LOVED his first book so much that I'm feeling less *enthralled?* by the is one. But his ideas and skills in writing are hard to match, I must say. The man is incredibly impressive, that's for sure.

Intending to enjoy this weather this weekend! Could use a couple of days off work! (And yes, I went part-time in August to save my mental health, despite the bank account pain... so how come I have no free time???)

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan  | 628 comments Happy Friday everyone, a lot of great reads happening as usual!!

I'm really sad this week about Gord Downie passing away. He was a true poet and a contemporary oral historian like no other.

I've been listening to Confessions of a Domestic Failure for my last bingo square. I wouldn't even finish this book if it wasn't for my bingo square. This is basically shopaholic/Bridget Jones has a baby and is terrible at it (cue laughter). Ugh.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through The Water Beetles. Looking forward to people's thoughts over on the buddy reads thread.

message 17: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 278 comments If you have any questions about a book, just ask the author! I'm reading Arriving: 1909-1919: Book One of the Understanding Ursula Trilogy by Corinne Jeffery, and I couldn't understand why her characters never use contractions when speaking (e.g. They say "I am" rather than "I'm.) So I contacted the author through her website and asked her! Her answer is that her characters are meant to be speaking in their native German (they are recent immigrants to Canada) which is more formal, so it is a way of lending authenticity.

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon White | 288 comments Elinor wrote: "If you have any questions about a book, just ask the author! I'm reading Arriving: 1909-1919: Book One of the Understanding Ursula Trilogy by Corinne Jeffery, and I couldn't underst..."

Nice! I recently had an author reach out to me after rating his book and I was very surprised! It was nice that he was looking to connect with people who have read the book and offer some brief comments.

message 19: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2250 comments Yikes, Paul! Too scary for me! You can promote your book here, on this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 20: by Allison (last edited Oct 20, 2017 11:28AM) (new)

Allison | 2250 comments On another note... I am closing in on the ending of We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy. This man is impressive. Wow. The way he digs so, so, so deep into issues, from a perspective I obviously can never gain myself independently, is truly enlightening. I want to read everything Ta-Nehisi Coates has ever written. He's incredible. I wonder if he's exceedingly serious in person...

message 21: by Magdelanye (new)

Magdelanye | 625 comments As usual I read everyone's comments with interest. Sorry I'm not able to link on the mobile. It is nice to be able to check out a title so easily.
@Shvaughn, I too loved the firat book of The Broken Earth series and can't wait to continue with it. It's good to know it wraps up strongly.
@ Susan Thanks for heads up on Sing Unburied Sing. Sounds like a must read for me.
May you've been busy and I love your list. . The Alice Network is the one for me, and I also like the sound of The Subtle Art of not giving a fuck. I did look at the power of habit.. A friend I respect revealed he was thinking of giving a good shake and really panned the writing., tho he did give it 3 stars for a few intriguing ideas. Another reviewer suggested the Willpower Effect as both more scientifically accurate and engaging.
On Monday I went to do my volunteer library job, which took longer than usual as there was scarcely any room in the shelves and it was necessary to do quite a bit of shifting. By the time I finished I was feeling a bit wobbly and by the time I got home it was straight to bed for me. Today there's been a break in the rain so for the first time in a while I got dressed and made a town run. Now I have a chicken soup brewing and 6 holds ffrom the main library that I'm very excited about including Brother, the power and Wool, plus some poetry I ordered recently.

message 22: by ❀ Susan (new)

@Louise - i am in the midst of Outline and Transit is next... i was happy to get scratch and dent copies from book outlet!

@Diane - I am looking forward to Bellevue Square and was intrigued by listening to this offer speak.

@Shvaugn - I read that Munro collection this summer as I convalesced after surgery and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately for Tom Hanks, i read some Munro and Atwood before I read his collection of short stories... hard to compare!

@Shannon - I look forward to hearing what you think of I Am a Truck

@May - Wow!!! you have been a super-reader!!!

@Elinor - good advice - it is always so great to get some new insight into what an author was thinking!

My reading has been more like listening this week! I finished listening to The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane (a little late for the buddy read) and enjoyed it. I agreed with others that it had a hollywood ending but I do like to have the ends tied up. I was a bit frustrated with the treatment of women but overall a good story and has made me want to try more tea!

I am currently listening to Caroline: Little House, Revisited. After loving the Little House books and the show when I was growing up, it is like a guilty pleasure. I have actually been happy to travel out of town for meetings so that I can catch up with this book during my commute. It is the story of the Ingalls family from the perspective of Caroline. It is hard to imagine how we would deal with the struggles of families on the frontier. The talk of "indians" is terrible but likely representative of the times.

I need to finish with the Rachel Cusk books, have The Deep Dark Descending (a goodreads giveaway) waiting and really want to start The Water Beetles.

message 23: by ❀ Susan (new)

@Magdelanye - hope you feel better!! Chicken soup and some great reads sound like the perfect medicine!!

message 24: by CynthiaA (new)

CynthiaA (bookthia) | 121 comments Hi Fellow Canlit Readers! This is my first weekend home in a long time so I can chime in.

I read slow, so I don't finish nearly as many books as you all seem to!

I recently finished Canada by Richard Ford and was underwhelmed. It ended strong, though, and I'm glad I finished it.

I am currently reading two great books that i am enjoying a lot:

Lullabies for Little Criminals has been on my TBR forever, and it was selling on KOBO for less than $5 a few weeks back so I snagged it and I am loving it, even though it is desperately sad.

I won a copy of The Golden House as a Goodreads giveaway a few weeks ago, and it is wonderful too. I can't believe I haven't read anything else by Rushdie and I certainly will move some of his other titles up my "to read" list. I love the way he writes!

I do write reviews for the books I've read and you can see them from my page. Feel free to friend me on this site, I'm always looking for more reading contacts.

Cheers,
Cynthia

message 25: by Magdelanye (new)

Magdelanye | 625 comments That comment was getting too long, so I thought it best to post. @ Allison I don't like the creepy stuff either and unlike those who are planning some theme reading to get into the spirit of Halloween, I'm sure not. So my reading over the last week turned out to be rather disconcerting. Maybe being sick had something to do with it, but I think I'd already finished Eilleen by Ottessa Moshfegh the day before. Now who recommend That? More subtle in its gradual creepiness was the Open City by Teju Cole. At first it was a slow stroll through MY city and then Brussels but there was a claustrophobic undertone and given the fact that it all seemed rather aimless I kept waiting for the peculiar tension that was building to explode. Surprisingly, on the strength of the writing, I am not sorry to have read these and will give 4 stars.
But I turned with some relief to The Truth about Luck by Iain Reid. Yes I know, I'm thinking of ending things was truly creepy but brilliant and this one is about his road trip with Grandma which seemed hilarious when he read from it at the writers fest. Well, in short, he got on my nerves something awful, and it wasn't endearing for me at all.
Lucky for me though I had Opening the Hand of Thought to finish, a wonderful primer on Zazen and Michael Crummey s latest collection of poetry to turn to.Plus Pema Chodrons Dont Bite The Hook in Audio, a format very suitable for being sick.
Any other Pema lovers about.?

message 26: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments @Magdelanye, hope you feel better!
I decided to read The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life because of the catchy title and it was actually good and his insights sound.
@Susan, yeah, that's what happen when all the holds come in at the same time, since Overdrive only gives 2-week loan period versus 3-week for paper copies.

message 27: by Magdelanye (new)

Magdelanye | 625 comments Thanks @ Susan for your kind thoughts. I'm still not thinking so clearly and forget to add the 2 books I just started last night, Wanderlust by Rachel Solnit and the new Kathleen Winter which is a delicious challenge.
May the weather goddesses be kind!

message 28: by Wanda (new)

Wanda | 599 comments May wrote: "@Magdelanye, hope you feel better!
I decided to read The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life because of the catchy title and it was a..."

@May- I enjoyed the Subtle Art... book, was entertaining and logical. I can change the settings on my Overdrive to be a 21 day loan period for ebooks and audio- perhaps you can change yours too?

message 29: by Wanda (new)

Wanda | 599 comments So many books, such little time. I was able to get some wonderful Canadian reads at a 2nd hand charity book sale and am eager to delve into them all... This week I focused on finishing our October book read, A Two-Spirit Journey: The Autobiography of a Lesbian Ojibwa-Cree Elder, not quite done and for my library book club we are choosing a thriller to compliment Halloween, so I am listening to Dark Places, and it's definitely caught my attention. I have A Stranger in the House from the library and do not have high expectations... Enjoy this Summer like Fall weather!

message 30: by Shannon (new)

Shannon White | 288 comments @Susan - our bookclub actually bought some Pu-ehr tea and tried it. Was fun to sample a few different kinds....one was infused with chocolate (How can you go wrong?) and one more traditional. I believe you can get it at David's tea. Personally I really enjoy Kombucha tea from David's as well as Plum Oolong if they still have it. It's an addicting place to visit....similar to Teavana. :)

message 31: by Louise (new)

Louise | 1585 comments Diane wrote: "Also dragged myself to the end of The Manticore by Robertson Davies. While it's well written, (how could it not be?) I just couldn't connect very well with it..."

I am one of those few people who does not enjoy reading Robertson Davies. As you say Diane, he writes well, but....

message 32: by Louise (new)

Louise | 1585 comments May wrote: "Happy Friday!

This week I finished Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, [book:Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia ..."

Holy Moly May you've been busy!!

message 33: by ❀ Susan (new)

@Shannon - that sounds like fun. We are reading that book for our in person book club in December. i will have to see if the restaurant where we have a room would mind a sampling.

message 34: by Mj (last edited Oct 20, 2017 08:01PM) (new)

Mj | 1189 comments Too funny. We just shared our thoughts about The Beauty of Humanity Movement at one of my book clubs and a few of the foodies (including myself) mentioned we were salivating for Pho and other Vietnamese dishes while reading the book. We had some discussion about some of our favourite Vietnamese restaurants nearby and perhaps going out for an evening of Vietnamese Pho and other tastings. Sounded like fun as did the "tea" sampling and other samplings that have been mentioned.

message 35: by ❀ Susan (new)

Such a connection between companionship, food, drink and of course, reading!!

message 36: by Mj (new)

Mj | 1189 comments So true!!

message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael | 20 comments Recently finished "Brother" by David Chariandy. Had high hopes for it but was disappointed. I felt like it was one dimensional and left too many dramatic nuances unexplored.

I'm now reading "Stone Woman" by Bianca Lakoseljac and quite enjoying it. It is set in the Yorkville subculture of the hippie era of Toronto and captures that time period very well.

message 38: by Andreas (new)

Andreas | 13 comments Making my my through another Terry Pratchett book Guards! Guards!. The thing I love about his writing (and I would think this is straight out of the school of Douglas Adams) is the man can write with such humour and satire without any "flashing punch-lines" Really matter of fact.

As for what's up next; I'm not sure. I usually just stand in front of my bookshelf, scan my books and see if something jumps out at me. It's not an exact science but it does the job! (my wife thinks I'm nuts and at times she ends up picking out the book)

message 39: by ❀ Susan (new)

LOL - @Andreas - sometimes we need a little help picking out the next book!!

message 40: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments Louise wrote: "May wrote: "Happy Friday!

This week I finished Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, [book:Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters a..."

Lol, Louise! I had to turn up the speed to listen to them before the due date :)

message 41: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments Wanda wrote: "May wrote: "@Magdelanye, hope you feel better!
I decided to read The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life because of the catchy title ..."

@Wanda, the loan period must be different with different library systems. Mine is 2 weeks for ebooks & audiobooks. The ones I was listening to have long waitlists, so I can request again, but it will be weeks to get them back :)

message 42: by Heather(Gibby) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 563 comments I am late posting because I was super busy all day yesterday, and today was so beautiful, I took the opportunity to spend some time outside.

North End Love Songs: I picked this up at the library on Thursday, and once I started reading it, I could not put it down. She is so bang on, in her descriptions of life in the North End, she transported me to being an observer.

I also started listening to Son of a Trickster which I am really enjoying,

both these books are for my 2017 Bingo

message 43: by Petra (new)

Petra | 836 comments Happy Weekend!! I hope everyone is relaxing and enjoying time with family and friends.

Re The Couple Next Door: I was disappointed with that book and don't feel the call to read her next one. From the comments above, it seems about the same. I would have liked to hear that it was better.

@Magdelayne: I hope you enjoy Wool Omnibus and Lost in September.

This week there are a lot of titles listed here that I haven't hear of. Lots to look into and probably many more books to add to the TBR list. I love this thread.

I've finished a few books this week:
Prayers for the Stolen - I really enjoyed this story. The main character told her story plainly but there is so much happening. In the topic, it reminded me of 2666 and BC's Highway of Tears. So many missing women and women living in fear & insecurity.

All the Broken Things - too many deep themes in a rather shallow YA book. Glossing over the heavy themes made them rather trivial, I thought. An entertaining story but not a great one.

Saints for All Occasions - I listened to the audio of this one. It was a good commuting book. It had family, immigration, secrets, good characters and a good story.

Reykjavík Nights: Murder in Reykjavík - a prequel to a long running series of a detective in Iceland. This story was a bit slow. I think it was deliberately written like that to show the detective in his more naive days. It's the first of the series that I've read and I look forward to continuing with it.

message 44: by Louise (new)

Louise | 1585 comments Petra wrote: "Re The Couple Next Door: I was disappointed with that book and don't feel the call to read her next one. From the comments above, it seems about the same. I would have liked to hear that it was better. .."

It was worse. Save yourself the trouble. I'm jealous of those who can read so many books in one week!

message 45: by Petra (new)

Petra | 836 comments Louise, I had a cold so didn't do much this week but read and sleep. This was an exceptional reading week, for me.

Thanks for the warning. It sounds like a book I can bypass. There are so many others to read, so no loss, I guess.

message 46: by ❀ Susan (new)

@Petra - maybe the reading is the silver lining of having a cold!

message 47: by Shannon (new)

Shannon White | 288 comments Hey everyone! Is there a thread where you were all discussing I Am a Truck??? If so please let me know. I have finished it and feel like discussing. Not sure what to make of it in a way.... unmistakably Canadian for sure!

message 48: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2250 comments Shannon wrote: "Hey everyone! Is there a thread where you were all discussing I Am a Truck??? If so please let me know. I have finished it and feel like discussing. Not sure what to make of it in a..."

Shannon, if there isn't a current thread, you could start a Buddy Read for it! But maybe it works under the Giller thread...?

message 49: by Petra (new)

Petra | 836 comments ❀ Susan wrote: "@Petra - maybe the reading is the silver lining of having a cold!"

LOL! So true, Susan.

message 50: by Mj (new)

Mj | 1189 comments Shannon, I think putting the discussion under the Giller thread is the best place to discuss all the Giller books for 2017 as Allison has suggested. (There are some other Giller book comments there).

I'm first in line for I am a Truck but it's still on order. : I have noticed a number of other members have finished it and might be as interested in chatting about it.

« previous 1