Book Buddies > November Book Buddies

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Hudson (courtneyhudson) | 73 comments Mod
Duration: 1-30 November 2017
Partners will be assigned on the same day

Guidelines:
- In this challenge, participants are required to sign up first (just comment below).
- The participants will later be paired up randomly (Nov. 1st)
- You will find who your partner is below, once the pairings are posted
- Participants need to CHOOSE & READ at least one book that your partner has read (from their read shelves)
- When you finish, compare the rating your partner has given to the book and your rating.

Please post below if you are interested.

Please DO NOT sign up unless you are certain that you can participate

message 2: by Courtney (new)

I'm in, of course.

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 45 comments I am in.

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Looks like it's just us Kelly :) I'll look through your self soon, but probably going with Gone Girl. If there's a book in mine that I didn't review, but you want to read...let me know and I'll do my best to remember it and leave a better review so we can discuss in the end.

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 45 comments I chose The Unidentified Redhead. It was an interesting premise. Plus, I just think the narrator will just be this quirky, cool heroine so I kinda am interested in the plot and see if she makes in LA now that she's older and perhaps a little wiser.

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Great Choice :)

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 45 comments Gone Girl will NOT disappoint you. I have not watched the movie, because I simply don't think anyone can fully capture the character's complexities.

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 45 comments I am aware this is a trilogy and I seriously try to avoid them now. My husband makes fun of me. It's like I can't just read the first Harry Potter book again Colin. I have to read all the books and then the textbooks. After I finish each book, you better believe I'm watching the movies too.

Same thing happened with The Lord of the Rings (and the prequel The Hobbit). Plus, same thing happen with Fifty Shades of Grey, Bared to Me (I highly recommend Sylvia Day if you haven't read that series), same thing with Charlaine Harris the Southern Vampire/True Blood series, plus the same thing with countless other books.

Authors must see me coming, and think if no one else buys it, "Kelly will be that ..." doesn't matter if it's the sixth book or fourteenth.

message 9: by Courtney (new)

XD lol I also hate reading series...one I don't think I added because I didn't finish were the Sword of Truth series or something like that...they were so good, but so long...and there's just too much other stuff I want to read and not enough time. This wasn't a hard read for me. It was a fun, quirky and light read. I loved the characters and since they were all out it did go by quick...If I have to recommend a solo book, I'll say read one of the books by Kresley Cole that are part of her Immortals After Dark Series...they are a tad risky and dirty, but OMG she's such an amazing author. And I love that her books tie together or stand alone. I've went years without reading the others in the series and it all comes back as an amazing world she's created with occasional shout outs. Her Arcana Chronicles series is more of a read in order and you have to read one to understand, but the others are nothing like that, and they're very adult.

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Also with the Kresley Cole books...I have a ton of these paperbacks somewhere (I think books 1-7), and if I can get my hands on them (either in the attic or with my sister) I'll gladly meet up with you in town to let you borrow them :)

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 45 comments Thanks. I would like to read some of her books. If you need to borrow Gone Girl, I have a paperback edition.