What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
This topic is about It Had to Be Him
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance - Woman is pregnant and leaves boyfriend to go back to her small hometown because she thinks he doesn't love her but he's really an undercover FBI agent. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (blgearhart04) | 10 comments It's the first in a series about a family in a small town. The town is considered a refuge for celebrities because the townspeople act like they don't recognize them. Also, small detail about the town - everyone has 'bought in' so that as long as celebrities aren't harassed and pictures aren't posted, they all make money. Each person is literally invested in the town.

The guy is finally able to leave his assignment and comes for the girl and the baby because he actually loved her. The girl's dad is the mayor of the town and the FBI guy suspects he has something to do with illegal gambling (it turns out not to be him). FBI guy ends up working at the local mechanic's shop.

The story has a crazy grandma that shoots people. The girl has siblings that each have a job in the town as well - one is the sheriff, one runs the hotel, one is a doctor - the rest of the books in the series follow each sibling.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Brittany, how early in the book do we find out that the H is an undercover fbi agent? If it's not close to the front, I'd suggest taking that part off your title and putting a spoiler alert in the title.

When did you read this? What format did you read it in? How did you find it? Do you remember the cover?

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (blgearhart04) | 10 comments It’s within the first few chapters - that’s not the “twist.”

It was an ebook, so unfortunately I’m not sure about the cover. It was within the last year that I read it, so I think it’s relatively new.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Is this a straight romance or is it one of the mystery/suspense romance?

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (blgearhart04) | 10 comments It probably wouldn’t be classified as a mystery/suspense romance. I think I came across the series based on a recommendation after ready a cozy mystery, though.

message 6: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (wannabeninja) | 21 comments Ooooh sounds interesting!

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (blgearhart04) | 10 comments Oh my gosh! You found it! This is amazing! I’m so excited! Thank you so much!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

It Had to Be Him (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tamra Baumann (other topics)