Cozy Mysteries discussion

Authors needing help > Reviewers for mystery thriller with a brush of fantasy and romance

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Connie (new)

Connie Shipley | 8 comments I am looking for people to review my two books from the MOONHUNTRESS series. First book is MOONHUNTRESS, second one SOULCATCHER. Here's a brief blurb of both :

MOONHUNTRESS
In the shadowy world of espionage, twenty-three-year-old Mossad agent Bina Knopfler is
selected to seduce the utmost devious, however, influential men, but soon learns that her plan for deceiving the enemy sometimes doesn’t go as planned and takes the game of seduction to a higher, more Machiavellian level.
 Little does she know that fate will lead her to a world of unforeseen displeasures, while well-hidden skeletons eventually begin to manifest, ultimately generating her recollection of her childhood abandonment, and her incapacity for love.  
However, when a chance meeting with the clairvoyant Isadora, Bina’s future begins to transpire in unfathomable ways.      
Soon, an unforeseen Mission has Bina shocked. The Horus Co. whose main goal is to retrieve precious minerals from the moon, as well as the capability for nuclear weapons, Bina, along with the International Special Forces soldiers main goal is to retrieve the minerals to achieve free energy. However, little does she know her involvement could lead her into a vicious family affair.

SOULCATCHER :
Cries of seagulls mingled with the sound of waves crashing against the shore as Bina turned her head and watched the extraordinary purple sky broken by yellow ribbons while the sun played hide and seek. She soon arrived at the last house situated near the pebbled beach. It was a two-story white building with a small terrace.  The front door was made of dark wood and had a carved figure of a wolf’s head. Dream catchers were hanging from the porch ceiling, and aromatic plants and herbs had been planted neatly in stone vases.

“Come,” he said, opening the door, “Nana is waiting for you.”

The backdoor opened as an elderly woman entered. Her hair was combed into two long gray braids; Nana stared into Bina’s eyes, the woman’s eyes resembled a crystal river flowing into an ocean circle. The irises had turned from pale blue, to dark grey. Her pupils jet black filling Bina with fear and uncertainty.

This girl is going to meet the biggest challenge of her life, the woman thought.

“The man you’re looking for is no longer on our land. He left - gone to the kingdom of the Big Bear. You will need to cross the vast ocean to find him.” “Kingdom of the Big Bear? What does that mean? Does she mean China, or Eastern Russia? Please help me … I need to know, and find this man.” Bina pleaded.

The woman ran her finger along the map from Annette Island, sliding gently over the Pacific Ocean, and stopped at Kamchatka. Nana looked up at Bina, a veil of sadness engulfing her as she began to speak.

“Long ago when my grandfather was alive - he was a Shaman - he went on a long journey to the Big Land where he met a young woman with a sick child. The woman begged him to save the child but my grandfather was very reluctant – for the woman herself was a lost soul, and the child was intoxicated by her solitude. In the end, he gave in, and so to save the child he had to entice her soul out of her body. He did the ritual and has kept the child’s soul in this amulet.”

She opened the purse and displayed the object on the table: it was an amulet made of a carved bear femur. It had a small wolf figure in the center and two relief-carved bear profiles on either end of the amulet, with abalone sheet inlaid as teeth.

“This is the Soulcatcher, the Keeper of Breath, and it belongs to you. For you are the one who will return the soul to the lost one. You are the child of the light. You need to find the child of the dark. There are two plugs at each end, you need to take them away and then blow…” Nana nodded.

Bina shook her head. “I don’t understand! Who is this lost one you are talking about?” she asked.

Nana smiled, and sighed. “You will know when you encounter this person, for it is your reflection. You are the child of the light. You need to find the child of the dark.” 

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann Fleming | 39 comments What is your timeframe? I am currently reviewing another book but I will finish that one next week. I would be glad to your books if the timing works out.

message 3: by Connie (new)

Connie Shipley | 8 comments End or mid November?

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann Fleming | 39 comments I can do that easily. I would be glad to read them both and honored to be chosen to do so. Let me know when they are ready for downloading

message 5: by Connie (new)

Connie Shipley | 8 comments If you have KU u can download them from Amazon

message 6: by Connie (new)

Connie Shipley | 8 comments Otherwise I'll send them to u on PDF

message 7: by Connie (new)

Connie Shipley | 8 comments anyway, let me know.