World, Writing, Wealth discussion

World & Current Events > Gangnam Style

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13796 comments I'm not sure Kim Jong-un likes the song, otherwise he'd be a little less militant. Moreover, Gangnam district in Seoul is probably not the safest place in the world right now.
But the song was the first video to reach one billion and two billion views. Who could think it would become such a bestviewer? Yet, it happened and probably influenced the culture globally.
Can one predict or sense 'virality' or does it just happen? What do you think?

message 2: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5532 comments Well, if you watch a video and want to watch it a couple more times, then probably others are doing the same. Then it has to be something you want your friends to see, so you share it. Don't know much about it, but I've read that there are "influencers" on social media with lots of followers, and if they like the video and share it, then it goes viral. I'd love to see Kim dancing Gangnam style. Bet that would go viral.

message 3: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13796 comments Scout wrote: "I'd love to see Kim dancing Gangnam style. Bet that would go viral...."

Rex might be negotiating exactly this.. Can't understand why Don said he was wasting his time -:)

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Williams (houseofwilliams) He should be singing "I got it from my daddy" by PSY. It's so horribly truthful, it hurts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4T...

message 5: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5532 comments I watched the video. Mesmerizing. And, well, he got it from his daddy.