Amazon exiles discussion

Voting threads > Themes Round 158 - Long Song Titles - Voting

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by theDuke (last edited Oct 19, 2017 12:42PM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments Hi....apologies to TheFoe for gate crashing his thread, but just thought I'd set this up on his behalf...since I've figured out how to do it! I must just say...that this "I'm not a robot" thingy, just about did my nut in. such a idiosyncratically pointless programme, that it's purpose alludes me & utterly infuriating to have to do. Anyways..after about the 12th attempt at trying to get all the correct images, I finally cracked it...so here's the voting page for this week's theme.

Nick....you need to do that stupid robot thingy first, then type in your post afterwards. I did it the other way round first..and found that it wipes everything clean. Doesn't instruct one, that has to be bladdy done first...grrrr!

Anyhoo...20 songs, 6 votes apiece, closes sunday 10pm.

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing

https://thegoldenageofnothing.bandcam...

And the rest of the playlist, as provided by Spacepig:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

The voting list:

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers

Loving You's A Dirty Job (But Somebody's Gotta Do It) - Bonnie Tyler & Todd Rundgren

The Crystal Escalator In The Palace Of God Department Store - Bill Nelson

All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun - Jeff Buckley & Elizabeth Fraser

Time Enough For Rocking When We’re Old - Magnetic Fields

Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk Of Human Kindness - Test Dept

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins

If I Could Do It Again I'd Do It All Over You - Caravan

Ezekiel 7 and the Permanent Efficacy of Grace - The Mountain Goats

As Syrians Pour in, Lebanon Grapples with Ghosts of a Bloody Past - Ulver

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths

I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Singing those Beat-o Flat on my Seat-o Hirohito Blues - Bing Crosby

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton

Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please - Splodgenessabounds

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood

Conservative Christian, Right Wing, Republican, Straight, White, American Male - Todd Snider

message 2: by KJS (new)

KJS | 4908 comments Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - This video is not available
Could only find it on Bandcamp
https://thegoldenageofnothing.bandcam...

message 3: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments Okay, thanks for that KJS.

message 4: by TheFoe (last edited Oct 19, 2017 12:35PM) (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments theDuke wrote: "Hi....apologies to TheFoe for gate crashing his thread, but just thought I'd set this up on his behalf...since I've figured out how to do it! I must just say...that this "I'm not a robot" thingy, j..."

Hi Duke, thanks for starting off the voting thread because I'm still struggling to open a new thread. I get what you're are saying about the robot thing but I'm still not able to do it. Starting to piss me off to be honest!

Edit - Please can you copy and paste the bandcamp link and add it to your OP, preferably before the playlist link as people are more likely to listen to it this way, thanks mate.

message 5: by theDuke (last edited Oct 19, 2017 01:31PM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments You & me both Nick! What the blazes is the point of it, I wonder?

And yes okay will do.

I noticed that someone completed the heading....I didn't know that someone else could edit a heading posted by another poster! Interesting site that is goodreads! :-)

message 6: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2936 comments Sorry, I edited the thread title. I thought it would be easier to find with this title. My eyes struggle with the small text on the discussion screen.

message 7: by theDuke (last edited Oct 22, 2017 02:34AM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments Hi Gordon, no worries. I too struggle with small print, as does anyone who knows me and my continuing eyesight issues. I don't know what you use, but I have a laptop with Win10 installed, I get around the problem, just by simply expanding the text size, in Windows settings.

message 8: by TheFoe (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments theDuke wrote: "You & me both Nick! What the blazes is the point of it, I wonder?

And yes okay will do.

I noticed that completed the heading....I didn't know that someone else could edit a heading posted another..."

Thanks Duke. :-)

message 9: by theDuke (last edited Oct 19, 2017 12:54PM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments No worries mate..i guess we're all still trying to get our heads around the new way of doing things on 'ere! lol! Can't wait for this year's 2017 New Music rounds to start..I've bought so much music this year..i reckon I could go at least 60 rounds! lol!

message 10: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2936 comments I've been looking for some way of turning the robot thing off but I can't find anything.

message 11: by theDuke (last edited Oct 19, 2017 01:31PM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments I guess we'll just live with it, Gordon.

message 12: by Tech XXIII (new)

Tech XXIII  | 6446 comments sob,

nobody loves me,

the robot x

message 13: by TheFoe (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments Tech wrote: "sob,

nobody loves me,

the robot x"

Not true tech, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqnx... ;-)

message 14: by theDuke (last edited Oct 19, 2017 02:30PM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for a pointless piece of software that sends me down a wild goose chase, just to get all the bits of cars or road signs....over and over again! One of them I was doing, went on for 6 minutes...frantically clicking on those bladdy frames, almost praying for that the coveted 'tick' came up....but NO! The bladdy thing just kept running on & on...& on...& bladdy ON!! I gave up on that one....stupid pointless piece of shite!

message 15: by Tim (new)

Tim Franklin | 8603 comments theDuke wrote: "I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for a pointless piece of software that sends me down a wild goose chase, just to get all the bits of cars or road signs....over and over again! One of them I was do..."
S'funny. I've not had to pick out bits in pictures for that. Just hit the box and I'm done.

message 16: by Lez (new)

Lez | 7490 comments It seems to vary - sometimes I’ve only had to tick the box and got straight through. Others I’ve had 3 or 4 goes.

message 17: by Tech XXIII (new)

Tech XXIII  | 6446 comments thankyou, carbon based unit foe, i appreciate you are trying to make me feel better, but,....sniff,..........sob,........wail,........that is really a man in a robot suit, ..........boo hoo,.........nobody understands what it is like to be a robot!

the robot x

message 18: by Helen The Melon (new)

Helen The Melon | 2660 comments Smiths - 4
Golden Age - 3
Bill N - 2
Dr Feeelgood -1

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers

Loving You's A Dirty Job (But Somebody's Gotta Do It) - Bonnie Tyler & Todd Rundgren

The Crystal Escalator In The Palace Of God Department Store - Bill Nelson - 2

Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk Of Human Kindness - Test Dept

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 4

I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Singing those Beat-o Flat on my Seat-o Hirohito Blues - Bing Crosby

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 3

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 1

Conservative Christian, Right Wing, Republican, Straight, White, American Male - Todd Snider

message 19: by Collette (last edited Oct 20, 2017 10:27AM) (new)

Collette | 4240 comments After Helen

Dr Feelgood - 5
Candi Staton - 4
A Place To Bury Strangers - 3
The Golden Age Of Nothing - 2
The Smiths - 1

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 3

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 5

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 4

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 5

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 6

message 20: by Sera69 (new)

Sera69 | 1564 comments After Collette

6 - Red Sparowes
5 - Mountain Goats
4 - A Place To Bury Strangers
3 - The Smiths
2 - Candy Staton
1 - Sufjan Stevens

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 6

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 7

Ezekiel 7 and the Permanent Efficacy of Grace - The Mountain Goats - 5

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 8

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 6

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens - 1

message 21: by SussexWelsh (last edited Oct 21, 2017 05:10AM) (new)

SussexWelsh | 4962 comments After Sera69

Ulver 6
Magnetic Fields 5
Splodgenessabounds 4
Sufjan Stevens 3
Red Sparowes 2
The Mountain Goats 1

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 8

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 7

Time Enough For Rocking When We’re Old - Magnetic Fields - 5

Ezekiel 7 and the Permanent Efficacy of Grace - The Mountain Goats - 6

As Syrians Pour in, Lebanon Grapples with Ghosts of a Bloody Past - Ulver - 6

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 8

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 6

Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please - Splodgenessabounds - 4

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens - 4

message 22: by Tech XXIII (new)

Tech XXIII  | 6446 comments eftersussex,

4 - t.dept
3 - s.miths
2 - c.staton
1 - s.plodge

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 8

Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk Of Human Kindness - Test Dept - 4

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 11

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 8

Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please - Splodgenessabounds - 5

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens - 4

message 23: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1829 comments After Tech

Leven - 6
Caravan - 5
Splodge - 4
Sufjan - 3
Nelson - 2
Snider - 1

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven - 6

The Crystal Escalator In The Palace Of God Department Store - Bill Nelson - 4

Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk Of Human Kindness - Test Dept - 4

If I Could Do It Again I'd Do It All Over You - Caravan - 5

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 8

Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please - Splodgenessabounds - 9

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens - 7

Conservative Christian, Right Wing, Republican, Straight, White, American Male - Todd Snider - 1

message 24: by Lez (new)

Lez | 7490 comments After Serial

Sufjan 6
Sparowes 5
Goats 4
Jeff & Liz 3
Test Dept 2
Twins 1

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven - 6

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 13

All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun - Jeff Buckley & Elizabeth Fraser - 3

Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk Of Human Kindness - Test Dept - 6

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins -1

If I Could Do It Again I'd Do It All Over You - Caravan - 5

Ezekiel 7 and the Permanent Efficacy of Grace - The Mountain Goats - 10

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens - 13

Conservative Christian, Right Wing, Republican, Straight, White, American Male - Todd Snider - 1

message 25: by KJS (last edited Oct 21, 2017 11:32AM) (new)

KJS | 4908 comments After Lez

C Twins - 6
Buckley/Fraser - 5
GAON - 4
Caravan - 3
Bing - 2
Bonnie/Todd 1

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 13

Loving You's A Dirty Job (But Somebody's Gotta Do It) - Bonnie Tyler & Todd Rundgren - 1

All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun - Jeff Buckley & Elizabeth Fraser - 8

Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk Of Human Kindness - Test Dept - 6

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins -7

If I Could Do It Again I'd Do It All Over You - Caravan - 8

I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Singing those Beat-o Flat on my Seat-o Hirohito Blues - Bing Crosby- 2

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 9

message 26: by theDuke (last edited Oct 22, 2017 02:51AM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments Not a bad playlist...a few others I could've voted on.

After KJS:

A Place To Bury Strangers - 6
Cocteau Twins - 5
Ulver - 4
Dr Feelgood - 3
The Golden Age of Nothing - 2
Bill Nelson - 1

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 13

Loving You's A Dirty Job (But Somebody's Gotta Do It) - Bonnie Tyler & Todd Rundgren - 1

The Crystal Escalator In The Palace Of God Department Store - Bill Nelson - 5

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins - 12

As Syrians Pour in, Lebanon Grapples with Ghosts of a Bloody Past - Ulver - 10

I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Singing those Beat-o Flat on my Seat-o Hirohito Blues - Bing Crosby- 2

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 11

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 9

message 27: by TheFoe (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments After KJS

The Golden Age Of Nothing - 6
Candi Staton - 5
Ulver - 4
A Place To Bury Strangers - 3
Dr Feelgood - 2
The Smiths - 1

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 10

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 12

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 13

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 15

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 8

message 28: by Fishy_Jim (new)

Fishy_Jim  | 889 comments Just correcting as my nom seems to have lost a vote:

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 10

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 13

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 15

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 8

message 29: by Lez (new)

Lez | 7490 comments Jim’s vote went missing ‘cos Foe missed Duke’s vote!
I don’t feel competent to fix this :-)

message 30: by TheFoe (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments Sorry Jim, give me a minute and I'll sort this out.

message 31: by TheFoe (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments Tidy

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 16

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins -12

As Syrians Pour in, Lebanon Grapples with Ghosts of a Bloody Past - Ulver - 14

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 17

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 11

message 32: by Jemma (new)

Jemma | 813 comments After Nicks tidy, and would someone be kind enough to add my votes. Thanks!

Candi - 6
A Place - 5
Jeff - 4
Cocteau - 3
Jackie - 2
Smiths - 1

message 33: by Tim (new)

Tim Franklin | 8603 comments After the tidy

Cocteau Twins - 6
Red Sparowes - 5
Ulver - 4
Sufjan Stevens - 3
Smiths - 2
Golden Age Of Nothing - 1

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 18

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 16

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins -18

As Syrians Pour in, Lebanon Grapples with Ghosts of a Bloody Past - Ulver - 18

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 14

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens - 16

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 18

message 34: by TheFoe (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments For Jemma

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven - 8

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 21

All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun - Jeff Buckley & Elizabeth Fraser - 12

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins -15

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 13

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 19

message 35: by Val (new)

Val H. | 13941 comments After Foe

Jackie Leven - 6
Magnetic Fields - 5 (just back from seeing Stephin Merritt and his merry band of musicians. Great show!)
Todd Snider - 4
The Mountain Goats - 3
The Smiths - 2
Cocteau Twins - 1

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven - 14

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 21

Time Enough For Rocking When We’re Old - Magnetic Fields - 10

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins -16

Ezekiel 7 and the Permanent Efficacy of Grace - The Mountain Goats - 13

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 15

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 19

Conservative Christian, Right Wing, Republican, Straight, White, American Male - Todd Snider - 5

message 36: by Jemma (new)

Jemma | 813 comments Thank-you Nick. 😎

message 37: by Lez (last edited Oct 22, 2017 08:08AM) (new)

Lez | 7490 comments We still have the wrong numbers!
Foe missed Tim’s vote when he added Jemma’s. Val then voted without knowing this.

message 38: by TheFoe (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments Lez wrote: "We still have the wrong numbers!
Foe missed Tim’s vote when he added Jemma’s. Val then voted without knowing this."

I'll sort this out at half time.

message 39: by TheFoe (new)

TheFoe | 2001 comments Tidy (take 2)

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven - 14

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 18

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins -22

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 17

Conservative Christian, Right Wing, Republican, Straight, White, American Male - Todd Snider - 5

message 40: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2936 comments After the half-time tidy...

Candi Staton - 6
The Smiths - 5
Dr Feelgood - 4
Jeff Buckley & Elisabeth Fraser - 3
Cocteau Twins - 2
Jackie Leven - 1

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven - 15

All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun - Jeff Buckley & Elizabeth Fraser - 15

How To Bring A Blush To The Snow - Cocteau Twins -24

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths - 22

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 25

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 15

message 41: by Spacepig (new)

Spacepig Pig | 1450 comments After Gordon:

Red Sparowes - 6
The Golden Age of Nothing - 5
Dr Feelgood - 4
Test Dept -3
Caravan - 2
A Place To Bury Strangers - 1

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven - 15

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 24

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 22

Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk Of Human Kindness - Test Dept - 9

If I Could Do It Again I'd Do It All Over You - Caravan - 10

I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (Than A Young Man's Fool) - Candi Staton - 25

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 23

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 19

message 42: by Derek (new)

Derek W | 1208 comments After spacey

Jackie 4
Caravan 3
Surf 2
Bing 1

Absolutely Joan Crawford (With A Bit Of Tilda Swinton On The Side) - Jackie Leven - 19

Mechanical Sounds Cascaded Through the City Walls and Everyone Reveled in Their Ignorance - Red Sparowes - 24

I've Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers - 22

Long Live British Democracy Which Flourishes and Is Constantly Perfected Under the Immaculate Guidance of the Great, Honourable, Generous and Correct Margaret Hilda Thatcher. She Is the Blue Sky in the Hearts of All Nations. Our People Pay Homage and Bow in Deep Respect and Gratitude to Her. The Milk Of Human Kindness - Test Dept - 9

If I Could Do It Again I'd Do It All Over You - Caravan - 13

I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Singing those Beat-o Flat on my Seat-o Hirohito Blues - Bing Crosby- 3

The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us! - Sufjan Stevens - 18

Are The Stars We See In The Sky Already Dead? - The Golden Age of Nothing - 23

The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock 'n Roll - Dr Feelgood - 19

message 43: by Spacepig (new)

Spacepig Pig | 1450 comments Don't want to get the spoon out but, isn't Johnny a bit late to vote?

message 44: by Lez (new)

Lez | 7490 comments Perhaps he’s put the clocks back a week early 😀

message 45: by theDuke (last edited Oct 22, 2017 03:15PM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments Well..i did put Sunday 10pm on the OP...but....it's not my thread...i'll leave that the Nick to decide. *sneakily passing the buck!* :)

message 46: by Gordon (last edited Oct 22, 2017 03:22PM) (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2936 comments This one is closed, isn't it? We can comment on the nominations now, can't we? There's just something I have to say. With apologies to Grimmy, it's this...

Christ, I hate Caravan!

message 47: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments Not a fan of them myself Gordon...clogging up the roads in the summer! ;0)

message 48: by Gordon (last edited Oct 22, 2017 03:24PM) (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2936 comments theDuke wrote: "Not a fan of them myself Gordon...clogging up the roads in the summer! ;0)"

Oh, well, in that case... Is there a band called Tractor Hauling Trailer-load of Potatoes? They're adding a good quarter of an hour to my journey to work at present.

message 49: by Spacepig (new)

Spacepig Pig | 1450 comments Gordon wrote: "Christ, I hate Caravan!"

Feel no shame Gordon, there are at least 6 on that list who I simply cannot stand. But Caravan aren't one of them.

message 50: by theDuke (last edited Oct 22, 2017 03:32PM) (new)

theDuke | 5607 comments Gordon wrote: "theDuke wrote: "Not a fan of them myself Gordon...clogging up the roads in the summer! ;0)"

Oh, well, in that case... Is there a band called Tractor Hauling Trailer-load of Potatoes? They're addin..."

Oh plurleeease, I so hope there is! lol!!

Oh....not forgetting JCB's too...but that one has already been done!

« previous 1