Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > Why did no author wrote interracial BRs with a black MC?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simona (last edited Oct 19, 2017 09:20AM) (new)

Simona (simonaw) | 35 comments After going through more than 200 blurbs of BRs, I've not come across any book with a black MC as part of interracial couple. Considering how many are written around the Civil War period, it is strange that no author attempted such a pairing. We had many with a Native American MC, some involving asian characters too.

If I'm wrong about this, please send some recommendation

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments Beverly Jenkins writes HR with Af Am MC.

message 3: by Simona (new)

Simona (simonaw) | 35 comments Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "Beverly Jenkins writes HR with Af Am MC."

I am familiar with her work. I phrased my post poorly. There are many books which have NA heroes and white heroines. I was curious why aren't any with a black hero and white heroine or vice versa. Especially before the 2000s; I've read some HRs published in the last decade which such couples.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 39 comments The only books that spring to mind and I don't think they strictly fall into the BR category is the Mandingo books of the 70's. Mandingo. They were quite provocative for the times and really un pc by today's standards.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mandingo (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Beverly Jenkins (other topics)