Horror Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Audio Group Listens > Nominations for November Group Listen

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Char (new)

Char  | 13887 comments Mod
It's time to nominate audiobooks four our November group listen!

There are only a few rules:

Books chosen for an HA group read or listen in the last 6 months are disqualified!

Authors are not allowed to nominate their own books.

That's it! The more nominations an audio gets, the more likely it is to make it to the final polls. This nomination thread will be open until Sunday, 10.22.17.

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Archer | 36 comments This sounds interesting. The Herald of Autumn by J.M. Guillen

The Audible link is https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Sci-Fi-F...

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Mathews | 127 comments I'd like to nominate Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero. Half H.P. Lovecraft/ half Scooby-Doo. How could you go wrong?
Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero

message 4: by Greg (new)

Greg | 360 comments I nominate Like Death by Tim Waggoner by Tim Waggoner and Nathaniel by John Saul by John Saul.

Hoping for a larger turn out this month.

message 5: by Charles (new)

Charles | 51 comments How about Sleeping Beauties by Owen and Stephen King.

message 6: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10835 comments Mod
well ... Aaron's sounds good and so does Like Death. I gotta be in a certain mood for John Saul and that's not right now lol. Sorry Greg. Meddling kids sounds good too! agh!

message 8: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Paschall | 3 comments Salem's Lot or Slasher Sam. One from a big name, one from a smaller name. Either one would be cool.

message 9: by Greg (new)

Greg | 360 comments I hear you Tasha. It's been several years since my last Saul novel though and I heard decent things so I figured I'd throw it a nod. As for Like Death that one I remember really enjoying and want to give another go round.

message 10: by Latasha (new)

Greg wrote: "I hear you Tasha. It's been several years since my last Saul novel though and I heard decent things so I figured I'd throw it a nod. As for Like Death that one I remember really enjoying and want t..."

I read a John Saul not too long ago. it was a buddy read. did you join us for that?

message 11: by Latasha (new)

the right hand of evil in july of this year.

message 12: by Greg (new)

Greg | 360 comments Nah the last I read of his was Nightshade many years ago. But I had read a few of his others in short succession and realized a lot are good but too similar. I'm personally not to keen on another King or Hill. Both excellent authors but I've met my annual quota. 😄

message 13: by Latasha (new)

Greg wrote: "Nah the last I read of his was Nightshade many years ago. But I had read a few of his others in short succession and realized a lot are good but too similar. I'm personally not to keen on another K..."

yeah I hear that. I just finished sleeping beauties plus we have the King challenge going and with Skeleton Crew. so I'm good there! and I'm not a fan of joe hill at all.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa52572) | 79 comments Audiobook horror fans would enjoy The Narrows by Ronald Malfi and Brother by Ania Ahlborn .

message 15: by Greg (new)

Greg | 360 comments Both of those are great suggestions Melissa.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa52572) | 79 comments Oh, and I just saw that Ronald Malfi's new December Park by Ronald Malfi is out on audio. I'll nominate that since I haven't read/listened yet.

message 17: by Latasha (new)

I just read Bone White by him and it was great.

message 18: by Katy (new)

Katy | 14 comments I second or third (I lost count) Meddling Kids by Cantero.

message 19: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Petry (bpetry) | 22 comments Latasha wrote: "well ... Aaron's sounds good and so does Like Death. I gotta be in a certain mood for John Saul and that's not right now lol. Sorry Greg. Meddling kids sounds good too! agh!"

I have the audiobook of Occultation and Other Stories and the reader drove me nuts, I ended up buying the book and reading it he bugged me so much. It's a great collection but I thought the reader was not a good fit for most of those stories.

message 20: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Petry (bpetry) | 22 comments I just finished Hasty for the Dark: Selected Horrors by Adam Nevill and really enjoyed it. It's a collection of short stories but they were all very good.

message 21: by Char (new)

Brandon wrote: "Latasha wrote: "well ... Aaron's sounds good and so does Like Death. I gotta be in a certain mood for John Saul and that's not right now lol. Sorry Greg. Meddling kids sounds good too! agh!"

I hav..."

That's a real bummer when the story or stories is/are great but the narrator is not.

message 22: by Char (new)

These all look like great suggestions so far. :)

message 23: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth Zguta (zguta) Melissa wrote: "Oh, and I just saw that Ronald Malfi's new December Park by Ronald Malfi is out on audio. I'll nominate that since I haven't read/listened yet."
this sounds good to me

message 24: by Alex (new)

Alex | 32 comments I second Nathaniel by Saul

message 25: by Latasha (new)

Brandon wrote: "Latasha wrote: "well ... Aaron's sounds good and so does Like Death. I gotta be in a certain mood for John Saul and that's not right now lol. Sorry Greg. Meddling kids sounds good too! agh!"

I hav..."

oh no! I hate to hear that

message 26: by Char (new)

Okay, we have some good suggestions here! I'm closing the noms and setting up the polls.

Thanks, everyone!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.