What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Classic based in 19th-20th century, girl moves in with her cousin or friend

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 6 comments There's this classic I came across a review for giving example of strong female leads, but I can't seem to remember. I don't remember exactly, but something happens, like maybe her father died, and then that girl moves in with her cousin's or friend's family, and it's basically about her life there. The details are vague, sorry for that.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe... Mansfield Park? Although the heroine isn't strong at all. There are so many classics that have a premise like this. Jane Eyre starts this way.

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1087 comments Possibly An Old-Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott? An Old-Fashioned Girl

or Eight Cousins, also by Louisa May Alcott? Eight Cousins

Or They Loved to Laugh? They Loved to Laugh

message 5: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 6 comments Andy wrote: "Maybe... Mansfield Park? Although the heroine isn't strong at all. There are so many classics that have a premise like this. Jane Eyre starts this way."

I was looking through Mansfield Park description and clicked on the recommendation section, and it seemed that I found the book I was looking for by chance! Though it hardly matched the description I gave in this post, but I am looking forward to read all the books mentioned here!

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4160 comments Lakhsesis wrote: "I was looking through Mansfield Park description and clicked on the recommendation section, and it seemed that I found the book I was looking for by chance!..."

And it was Wives and Daughters?

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Yes Lakhsesis what was the book? Inquiring minds (and dusty, empty bookcases) want to know.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I’m eager to know as well and I’m glad that I was able to help!

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Madao, are you still looking for this or did you find it?