Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > I want a book removed from my profile

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura McHale (last edited Oct 18, 2017 08:16PM) (new)

Laura McHale Holland (laurawrites) | 10 comments When I contributed a story to the anthology Book Dreams (Brain to Books Anthology) I didn't realize it would end up appearing on my author page along with the books I've written and published. I've contributed to several antholgies and never had this issue before. The anthologies to which I've contributed are not representative of my work. I would very much appreciate your removing this book from my author page. My name is Laura McHale Holland. Here's my page: https://www.goodreads.com/search?q=la...
I posted this in the wrong thread previously, and I'm sorry for any incovenience this may have caused. The person who responded let me know I'd jumped into the wrong thread but was also of the opinion that I couldn't get this book removed. That doesn't seem fair to me. It's not one of my books.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21363 comments If the book information is correct, it won't be changed because an author is uncomfortable with it. Goodreads is a cataloguing site.

message 3: by Laura McHale (new)

Laura McHale Holland (laurawrites) | 10 comments I wasn't asking that the book information be changed, just that the book listing be removed from my author profile page. Who put it there? This gives me strong reservations about participating in any anthologies in the future.

message 4: by Zoey (new)

Zoey  (rozannen) | 146 comments Laura McHale wrote: " Who put it there? ..."

Looks like it was added by one of the automatic Amazon updates. You are listed as an author on Amazon, so you were added as an author on Goodreads. As Scott said Goodreads is a cataloguing site, & they aim to have all their information as correct as possible. If you are removed as an author, that books information will no longer be correct.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
Many books on Goodreads have multiple authors, and as much as possible we list all of them. In most cases authors are happy to be listed. After all, readers not yet familiar with their work who find them through the anthology will easily find the rest of their work -- just one click away.

Regardless, it is Goodreads policy not to remove valid book data. And as you are a contributor to the work, your inclusion as a contributor is valid data.

I did add an author role ("contributor") to make that a bit more clear.

message 6: by Laura McHale (new)

Laura McHale Holland (laurawrites) | 10 comments Thank you, rivka. The publisher also said she'll be happy to take my name off, so the book's meta data will likely change soon.

message 7: by lethe (last edited Oct 19, 2017 10:56AM) (new)

lethe | 13747 comments If your contribution will still be in the book, I don't think the name will be taken off here, or if it does, it's only a matter of time before someone who owns the book will add your name back.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
Regarding removed post: If you have any concerns regarding another user's edits, please flag or use the contact link.

This thread has served its purpose. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.