Play Book Tag discussion

Plainsong (Plainsong, #1)
This topic is about Plainsong
Archive: Other Books > Plainsong - Kent Haruf - five shining stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments This is my second Haruf and I am beginning to think he can do no wrong. I absolutely adore his writing style. It is so simple but so powerful. He paints stories about everyday life in a way that is incredibly appealing to me. I found my heart aching while I was reading this story. The characters were wonderful, particularly the brothers, both young and old. I will most cetainly be continuing with this series.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6004 comments Love Kent Haruf ... so sad that he is no longer with us.

Susie | 4488 comments Isn't it sad. We'll just have to re-read his books.

Ellen | 2215 comments I love that you love him! This is my favorite book of all time.

message 5: by Anita (new) - added it

Anita Pomerantz | 6543 comments I must try this author! All I hear is raves . . .

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments It's always a pleasure to see a new fan!

Haruf is the only author I've seen in person, and the only author with national stature that has been invited to speak at my library. (I assume it's a funding issue). He was as warm as his books.

message 7: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments My friend ratings on this one are so interesting. Most in love but sprinkled with a few low ratings. I love good characters.

Nicole D. | 1490 comments Loved it too! Pretty much went same order as you