What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fantasy - Elemental magic is banned and one of the main girls is forced to pretend to be a boy and hid her hair as it is "fiery red" which is indicative of fire magic and pretends to be a boy.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane | 1 comments I am sorry if I am not supposed to post this here but I remembered this book I read 8-10 years ago but I cannot remember the name and its killing me. So any help would be wonderful
Here is what I remember:
It is kind of medieval time where elemental magic is banned
One of the main characters has fire magic. She hids her hair under a hat and it is fiery red. She also disguises herself as a boy. She works as a thief and works with a group that lives in the sewers.
There is a guy going around killing people who have elemental magic to steal it for himself. He kills another of the main girls who controls either air or magic. He slits her throat but before she dies, she managed to pass her magic to someone else. I believe she was indigenous/native american
I think there are four main characters, but I am positive there are two main girls and a guy.

Sorry again if I am not allowed to post this here but I've looked everywhere and can't find it!

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Hi Jane,
Don't worry, you've posted your request in exactly the right place! :) Hopefully someone here will know about your book. The only one that comes to mind for me is New Moon by Midori Snyder (first of a trilogy), but I can't remember much about the plot to tell for sure if it's a match.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Pluym | 102 comments I second new moon. It is dead on with your description.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
Jane, was your book "New Moon" or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

New Moon (other topics)