Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Looking for Free Proofreader for YA Coming-of-age novel

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shreyonti (new)

Shreyonti Chakraborty | 5 comments I am looking for a beta reader to work with me on a novel I wrote a few years ago. I had a few beta readers back then, but the idea has since been on hold, and now I am looking for more feedback.

Here is a blurb:

This is the story of girl who spent the last two years of high school alternately mourning her losses – and she’s had quite a few of those - and stupidly falling in love with a boy who broke her heart. Now she’s determined to start afresh, moving all the way across the country to attend college in the ‘City of Joy’ - Kolkata, India.

Kolkata, full of narrow lanes and sometimes narrower minds, is not the best place to start over. But she’s ready to fight wage a war for a happier future, up until the day she realizes that something’s followed her across the country, something that was never hers. It’s the story of a horrific rape that happened back in her hometown, the most high profile rape-case of the decade.

Here, in her new home, she feels closer to the horrific story than anyone else, which people understand. What nobody knows is that maybe she knows more about the crime than she’s willing to admit, especially when she’s someone who can’t hate the criminal. Yet.

Sad, strange, but ultimately hopeful, The Burden of Distorted Memories is story narrated through letters, emails and texts, about being a girl in a country where crimes against women are common, not to mention, difficult to fully understand, but also about just being a girl. I believe it will be appreciated by readers of novels such as Laurie Halse Anderson’s Speak and Nova Ren Suma’s The Walls Around Us, and by audiences of movies like Netflix’s To The Bone.

If anybody is interested, please let me know. It is a relatively shorter novel, and I want to work on it for the next two months or so.

message 2: by Uzma (new)

Uzma | 16 comments I am ready 😊

message 3: by Bryce (new)

Bryce (bryce306) I would love too! Work on it or proofread it?