Catholic Lifetime Reading List discussion

How The Reformation Happened
This topic is about How The Reformation Happened
How The Reformation Happened > How The Reformation Happened

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley | 92 comments Mod
I just finished this. I meant to comment more as I read through but I just had a baby and that didn't happen unfortunately.

I loved Belloc's perspective on this. I really enjoyed his last book we read (The Great Heresies) and I found the style of writing to be the same. Most people equate reformation with Luther. Belloc opened my eyes to the fact that Luther's activity was a very, very small part of the whole "flood" that caused the separation of Christians from Catholicism.

I have to admit that, while this book was very informative, it was hard for me to get through (harder than his last book). I'm not sure if that's due to my own life circumstance of just having a baby or if this book was more jam packed with historical information with which I wasn't familiar.

Overall, I'd highly recommend it, especially in this sad time of year when our protestant brothers and sisters "celebrate" the protestant reformation (or as I like to call it, revolution).

message 2: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan | 7 comments Ashley wrote: "I just finished this. I meant to comment more as I read through but I just had a baby and that didn't happen unfortunately.

I loved Belloc's perspective on this. I really enjoyed his last book we ..."

Oh I want to read this! Thank you for the post. And congratulations!