Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Historical (Viking Age) Romance - Complete 100k Manuscript

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Oct 18, 2017 06:17PM) (new)

Sarah Myers (sarahmyersauthor) | 5 comments Just to clarify this is a polished manuscript. I have been speaking with an agent and finished a re-write under her instruction. She asked me to try out some beta readers and get some feedback before resubmitting also so this is where I am at with this story.
There may be a few grammatical errors but mainly looking for story flaws (ie this doesn't make sense, I don't like this).

Taking place at the start of the 2nd millennium, my story is about a young girl living in Kent (Britain), who is taken from her land and family by a Viking raider. Traveling to Byzantium for trade, she remains in her captor’s care to Norway, where she is delivered to the Earl of a small village. She was the reckoning on a life-debt her kidnapper owed his Earl. It becomes a complicated love story after her and her captor inexplicably bond together during their intense travels.

The Thrall is a story of forbidden love, mysticism and mythology in the days when barbarians mixed with Christians.
(Warning: sex, rape {not explicit/detailed}, and violence)
Thank you!

message 2: by Jac (new)

Jac | 7 comments Hi Sarah,
This sounds really exciting! I'd be happy to have a read through all or part of your manuscript. I'm not a professional but I do read daily, generally YA in supernatural or fantasy genres, so this story is definitely something I'd be interested in committing to. I do write short stories myself, so I'm familiar with plot, character arc and structural flow, so I believe I'd be able to help with giving an over view of your novel and elements that may or may not work or make sense - or whatever you'd specifically like me to keep an eye on. Did you have a timeline for reading? I'm not a slow reader so I think I'd read a 100,000 word manuscript within 2-4 weeks, depending on who much feedback you'd like.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Myers (sarahmyersauthor) | 5 comments Jac wrote: "Hi Sarah,
This sounds really exciting! I'd be happy to have a read through all or part of your manuscript. I'm not a professional but I do read daily, generally YA in supernatural or fantasy genres..."

Hey Jac,
Very exciting. Everything sounds good to me. I was thinking two weeks would be perfect because I want to send it back to the agent sooner than later but you can't rush these things so whatever you are comfortable with. I am sure it can wait.
Here is my email: sarahmurielmyers@gmail.com. If you want to shoot me an email I can reply with the manuscript. If you only want to read part of it let me know and I can accommodate.
Thanks!
Sarah