What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Vampire, 3 parts to book, as vampires age they take over other bodies

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Thomas (blondemoments89) | 5 comments Help, anyone, please!

I read this book about 12-13 years ago, I was about 14 at the time. A woman who is a vampire is working at a cafe by the beach and we learn that as vampires age, they take over other people's bodies and lives but are always recogniseable to each other. She is yrVked down by her 'maker' and this is when we flash back in part two to how she became a vampire before coming back to the present for part 3. Without too many spoilers they go to a photography exhibition on a boat? I can't for the life of me remember what it was called!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Thomas (blondemoments89) | 5 comments *tracked down

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
What age range was this book for?
Where is it set--other than by a beach--where is the beach--Maine, U.S.A., California, Florida, U.K., Canada, France?

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Thomas (blondemoments89) | 5 comments I think it was aimed at teens. I can't remember where it was set - I thought it was the UK but Maine does ring a bell. She falls for a guy she sees surfing and starts a relationship of sorts but her maker tracks her down. That's when we flashback to see the story of how he made her a vampire. The maker almost stalks them and he sets fire to photography exhibition on a boat near the end.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Amy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy Thomas (blondemoments89) | 5 comments Hiya. I’m still looking for it - can’t for the life of me remember it’s name!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Amy, about many years has she been a vampire?

Is this a paranormal romance? If yes, who is her romantic interest? Or is it a horror novel?

Is she working as a waitress, cook, manager, etc. at the cafe by the beach?

She is ____ (what?) by her maker (see Message 1)?

Spoilers in the comments (not header) are okay. Just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy Thomas (blondemoments89) | 5 comments Hiya!

She’s been a vampire for centuries. The book is split into 3 parts. The first part is happening now, the second goes back to when she was transformed into a vampire (this was medieval-ish times) and the third part comes back to now.

I’m sure she’s a waitress at the cafe. I may be wrong as it’s been at least 14 years now since I read it. It’s not horror per se - it’s aimed at teens. I’d class it more on the romance side.

She’s a vampire and through the story we learn that they’re immortal because they take over someone’s body to live in. Even though their appearance changes due to this, they are still recognisable as themselves to other vampires — does that make sense?

I’m sure the vampire that turned her was Edgar, Edward, (again, might be wrong) and he was like a count or something. He tracks her down and there’s a scene with roller blades and a photography exhibition.

I’m sorry I can’t be more specific. I’ve been trying to remember this book for years and can’t! Xx