PitchWarriors! discussion

Books! > Current To-Read List!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Hazelwood (morganhazelwood) | 7 comments Mod
What are you currently reading?

If you're not, what's next on your To Read List?

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan wrote: "What are you currently reading?

If you're not, what's next on your To Read List?"

I read 'Wool' last year and am hoping to finish the rest of Hugh Howey's 'Silo' series next. (Now that I'm basically done binge watching West Wing)

message 3: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 3 comments I'm reading Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn. I plan to finish the whole trilogy in the next few days, because I need to review book 3. :) After that, I'll probably read a few things for Spookathon, and then I'm hosting a readathon next week, so I need to find some books for that. :D

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty Marcum | 1 comments I'm reading The Pearl that Broke its Shell and The Earth is Weeping.

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Wow! I usually just barrel straight through a book, I don't know how to do simultaneous reading! Although, maybe a little with non-fiction?

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hayle (kimberlyhayle) | 2 comments I'm finally 'reading' The Raven Boys. I'm an audiobook gal, because without them I have no time to read at all. I'm into this now, but was having a hard time at first, because this is the first lyrical/prose style book I've listened too. I find all of those pretty/creative/odd descriptions a bit distracting when listening vs reading.

message 7: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 3 comments @Kimberly I listened to that on audiobook recently, too! I was on my way out of town before Hurricane Irma, and didn't want to read a physical book in the car. I had so many feelings after listening to it, and I want to talk to someone, so please let me know if you want to chat when you finish the book. :)

message 8: by Brielle (new)

Brielle D. (briellums) | 1 comments I’m reading Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. I know, I know, I’m way late to the game on that one!

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hayle (kimberlyhayle) | 2 comments @Cimone - I was about to say I'm almost finished listening to it but double checked and I'm only half-way done. Should be done in a week or so. Sorry to make you wait! I like the story so far. Is this considered contemporary fantasy or magical realism???

message 10: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 3 comments @Kimberly no problem at all! There's no rush, honestly. :) In fact, I might have meant to type *wanted* to talk to someone. I still want to, but not urgently, hahaha. I'm really not sure what genre it is!

message 11: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Sheehan | 1 comments I just finished reading Georgia: A novel of Georgia O'Keefe by Dawn Tripp. Posted my glowing review. HIGHLY recommended! I listened to the audiobook, and strongly suggest experiencing this novel in that format. The narration is beautifully done.

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Mitchell (melindamitchell) | 1 comments I'm currently reading the Binti series. Finished BINTI and am about halfway through BINTI: HOME. This is one of those examples of an author telling vs. showing and doing it really, really well.

message 13: by Morgan (new)

BAM! Finally! I finished book 2 of the Silo trilogy like 2 hours ago. :-) Shift. Now... to finish my word count for today and making deviled eggs so I can start book 3!

message 14: by MewMew (new)

MewMew | 1 comments Hey all!!

My friend has a book coming out with an amazing publisher in 2019 (!!!) 🎉🎉🎉

It's got badass princesses, tortured princes, beautiful writing, ELEMENTAL CROWS and tropical kingdoms.

I know the community here is amazing and I would so appreciate it if you could consider adding the book to your goodreads list. She's a little shy doing any self-promoting, so I've decided to spread the word lololol TYSM, guys!! <3

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...