Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Group Reads Archive > December 2017 Group Read Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 4710 comments Mod
The last group read of the year is coming soon (December), and we need to pick our theme. So each person can select a theme that includes some degree of action/adventure content.

We are not looking for books at this time, but feel free to include a definition to clarify what you mean by the theme you nominated.

The poll will go up on October 25th.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 4710 comments Mod
I pick Cold Weather Action/Survival

Lost Planet Airman I like it! Maybe Ice Station Zebra can get a vote!

Lost Planet Airman Oops! Sorry! I still like the theme, but let's all pretend I didn't break the rules and say the name of a book!

message 5: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
How about an action/adventure book with any "winter-themed word (i.e. ice, snow, cold, etc) in the title.

message 6: by Alan (new)

Alan (alanb24) | 35 comments What about mystery/ pulp inspired action with a Chrsitmas setting?

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Mike wrote: "I like it! Maybe Ice Station Zebra can get a vote!"

No worries! :)

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Alan wrote: "What about mystery/ pulp inspired action with a Chrsitmas setting?"

Sounds good!

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

The poll is up! Drop by and vote by November 1st.

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 10: by Alan (new)

Alan (alanb24) | 35 comments The book I was thinking of recommending is One Horse OPen Slay by James Mullaney's. I think it hits the check box for a Christmas theme (dead elk, P.I. clearing his name, Santa Claus), but not 100% certain it hit the group's theme for action/adventure. I'm stopping by a book store that might have a copy tomorrow. The author's page keeps going down but the amazon utl is here: https://www.amazon.com/One-Horse-Open...