Girl In A Coma

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
Our book starting Sunday!!

message 2: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
I really like the writing style! This book is pretty good so far!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Oh nice. I’m starting it tomorrow. I read Shampoo Planet years ago and loved his style.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Okay almost on page 40. Lilith you are right, the print is so small. I love it when he talks about Tab!! Such a great drink from the 70’s!!

message 5: by Lilith (new)

I can't believe Karen was pregnant and delivered the baby while in a comma! So crazy!

message 6: by Lilith (new)

I love how Megan grew up!! I like the description of her teenage angst and how she's becoming rebellious.

It's really cool to see that throughout all these years that Karen's in a comma, her friends still stick by her side, especially everyone being so young when it happened. Richard's devotion to her is admirable!

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Okay I'm at the part where they find out Karen is pregnant. I had the last two days off and planned to finish thud book, but I slept instead.

message 8: by Lilith (new)

Page 149..."She feels odd being so intimate with an older man. Mentally her taste is what a teenager might choose: a first year college guy; a steady North Van guy who plays hockey on weekends. She has had to radically redefine her vision of sex." I find it so interesting how the author describes how Karen is mentally the same age as she was when she fell into the comma seventeen years prior.

I like how the author describes Karen's perception at how the world has evolved and how technology has changed since she had fallen into the comma. I feel that her perception of all the changes is so much more acute than someone who has lived through all that time and seen the changes.

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Okay I’m a 100 pages in. I like how the book progresses with Megan. I’m curious to see how it ends.

message 10: by Deborah (new)

She woke up!!!!!