Polls for Our Souls discussion

Random > Halloween

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 624 comments With Halloween approaching, I wanted to ask if you guys still celebrate it and if so how? Do you dress up? What (or who) are you going to be for this year's Halloween?
I personally loove to dress up and I'm doing a spontaneous little party together with a good friend :D

message 2: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) I do, I don't usually dress up, but last year I did an FBI agent. This year, I'm hosting a party with some friends of mine.

message 3: by ~Bellegirl91~ (new)

~Bellegirl91~ (bellegirl91) 26..... 5'1..... Same costume and don't have to worry about growing out of it! Plus it's a cosplay through etsy from China and costed me $100+ so yeah. I BETTER get good use out of it haha. It's an original belle village costume. And I have a basket and everything too! 😃 last year I did walk into my public library and read in the kids section for a bit 😅 someone I know even caught a picture and I still have it. Oh and I wore it to a special screening of Beauty and the Beast this last March too! Embarrassed my sister since I don't ever dress up like that but hey, I had the costume and it was WORTH IT!! Plus I can go braless with this dress 😂😂 hallelujah!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 24 comments It depends.
I'll wear a Halloween theme shirt and accessories to work that day. We also usually do some kind of pot luck/treat day thing for holidays, so there will be that.

My cousin just had a baby, so I may end up being the one to take her other kids (my goddaughters) trick-or-treating while she stays home with the baby. If I do that, I will dress up- probably using one of the outfits I have for the Renaissance Faire near us.

message 5: by Nita (new)

Nita Pan (nitapanwrites) | 3 comments I have work off that day (!) so I'll be going all out. If I can get the costume pieces in time, I'm going to go as a tragic gothic heroine or Virginia Poe. So, same difference.

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 624 comments @~Bellegirl91~ that's awsome!! I love Belle, she's one of my favorite Disney princesses :)

message 7: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower | 16 comments I'm gonna dress ip as Merlina Addams. Black is my favorite color now.

message 8: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 41 comments I'm more the Samhain than the Halloween person, and I also live where Halloween is not traditional. I don't go to costume parties. In the past, it's mostly been lighting candles, burning some incense, etc., and read something creepy for me. ^^'

message 9: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 421 comments Yasmin wrote: "I'm gonna dress ip as Merlina Addams. Black is my favorite color now."

Do you mean Morticia? or am I out of some loop?

message 10: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 421 comments Auntie Terror wrote: "I'm more the Samhain than the Halloween person, and I also live where Halloween is not traditional. I don't go to costume parties. In the past, it's mostly been lighting candles, burning some incen..."

Ever go to an actual Samhain ritual? Pretty trippy...

message 11: by malayna (new)

malayna (malaynachang) | 14 comments Anni wrote: "With Halloween approaching, I wanted to ask if you guys still celebrate it and if so how? Do you dress up? What (or who) are you going to be for this year's Halloween?
I personally loove to dress ..."

A goth. I'm excited.

No, I am not trying to be mean to people who are actually gothic. I just have the costume already.

message 12: by Lanie (new)

Lanie (Sherwood1192yahoocom) | 3 comments I always have scary movie marathons and always read a few scary stories. :) I get to dress up at work & I think I'm going trick or treating with my friend Karri and her kids. :) won't get candy, but I'll dress up. :)

I'm thinking Ruby Rose from the anime "rwby."

message 13: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 41 comments @Melliott: No, not yet. So far I've done such on my own, smallscale. But I can imagine that.

@Malayna: Being a goth, personally I'm never offended by "dress-ups", on Halloween or on regular goth parties around the year when people's "mainstream" friends want to come along and not stick out too much. There is quite some more offensive behaviour I could think of. ;-)

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 624 comments I wosh I was still young enough to go trick or treating. But in my country Halloween isn't that big, so I'd get only weird looks, that's why I'm just celebrating with some friends :) Last year I dressed up as Isabelle Lightwood and this year I'm going to be a random zombie apocalypse survivor^^

message 15: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers I don't go trick or treating anymore but at my high school we do Red Ribbon Week the week of Halloween and I normally dress up. This year I'm being Eyore and some friends are being Pooh and Piglet

Emily Just Emily*~* | 52 comments I will have to dress up for work that day-I will be a leopard-the teachers are being zoo animals this year.
My younger daughter and I will go trick or treating around the neighborhood. My older kiddo will stay home and pass out candy with the dog:)

Emily Just Emily*~* | 52 comments Anni wrote: "I wosh I was still young enough to go trick or treating. But in my country Halloween isn't that big, so I'd get only weird looks, that's why I'm just celebrating with some friends :) Last year I dr..."

Isabelle Lightwood? I just finished the 1st book yesterday. What did you do to dress like her?

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinfwong) | 89 comments Bailey wrote: "I don't go trick or treating anymore but at my high school we do Red Ribbon Week the week of Halloween and I normally dress up. This year I'm being Eyore and some friends are being Pooh and Piglet"

That's so awesome! How are you doing your costume?

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 624 comments @Emily I wore a short black dress and black overknee boots with high heels and coloured my hair black (I'm blonde^^). Then I put some fake rune tattoos on my arms and neck. For the whip bracelet, I just used a piece of thin rope and thin wire which I painted silver, and finally I had a necklace with a red pendant :)

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 160 comments I love Halloween but we don't do anything for it anymore. But I'm going to dress up an go to the antique place, seeing if you go their with a costume the 27th- 31st I think you can be entered to win a prize. Plus I might do a little something, for work as well to see if the kids notice at all. But the only thing is I don't know what to do for the costume for the antique place. I was thinking something steam punk or something... not sure how I'm going to pull if off though. I'll take ideas!

message 21: by Lanie (new)

Lanie (Sherwood1192yahoocom) | 3 comments I've been watching a ton of "deadly women" real life horror.

message 22: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments Happy Halloween