J.D. Robb discussion

Archive-BOM Noms/Polls 2021 > November Book of the Month Nominations - Closed

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10171 comments Mod
Nominations are now being accepted for our November 2017 Book of the Month.

You may nominate any book from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genre or from any one of the many sub genres, with the exception of books by J.D. Robb and Nora Roberts. We explore Robb's In Death series in Buddy Reads & other discussions in this group. And we read & discuss Nora Roberts books with our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies. We encourage you to join the discussions any time.

Nominations open Oct. 18-23
Poll open Oct. 24-29

Monthly Book Nomination Guidelines:

1-Each member may nominate 2 books per month. Please include a link to the book that you nominate.

2-Please - Only nominate books that you intend to read and discuss with this group!

3-Nominated books must be from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genres or one of the many sub genres.

4-Nominated books must be the first book in a series unless the Robb group has read the preceding books previously.

5-If your nomination wins the poll, we would love for you to consider leading the Book of the Month discussion for that month.

6-J.D. Robb and Nora Robert books are not eligible for nomination. We invite you to join us as we explore the In Death series books in our In Death Buddy Reads and enjoy discussing the Nora Roberts titles in our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies.

7-Should an issue arise that results in the winning book being disqualified, the book that received the 2nd most votes will automatically become the replacement Book of the Month.

message 2: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 212 comments I nominate:
No Accident by Dan Webb by Dan Webb

What if your boss secretly took out insurance on your life—then tried to kill you? A fiery crash consumes three cars and the lives of those inside. The police blame reckless driving, but insurance investigator Alex Fogarty suspects a celebrated CEO staged the accident and murdered his own employees for insurance money. Unfortunately, Alex’s boss cares more about a quick legal settlement than following the facts, and Alex can’t afford to lose his job—not while he’s underwater on five houses he bought before the real estate crash. But unless Alex can prove the crash was no accident, the young family of one of the drivers who died in the crash will face financial ruin. Against his better judgment, Alex plots a way to challenge the CEO, but he knows he can’t do it alone. Especially when the body count starts rising. With help from the CEO’s jilted wife and her star-crossed divorce lawyer, Alex pursues the case from L.A.’s seamy underside to the mansions of Bel Air. If he can keep ahead of the CEO’s chilling enforcer, Alex may just discover the dark truth.

message 3: by Caraina (new)

Caraina (raina79) I would like to nominate the following:
Triptych by Karin Slaughter
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1191 comments Shameless book 1 of Nashville Night by Cheryl Douglas, or Exodus book 1of The Exodus Trilogy by Andreas Christensen

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2189 comments Agnieszka wrote: "I nominate:
No Accident by Dan Webb by Dan Webb

What if your boss secretly took out insurance on your life—then tried to kill you? A fiery crash consumes three cars and..."

This sounds interesting. I will check it out.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Caraina wrote: "I would like to nominate the following:
Triptych by Karin Slaughter
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn"

Caraina - Our current group one-a-month series read is Grant County & Will Trent by Slaughter, and Triptych is on the schedule for March 2018. You can review the reading schedule at Group Series Read. I suggest we hold Triptych to read as a group then. Thanks.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 499 comments I nominate NO EXIT

A KIDNAPPED LITTLE GIRL LOCKED IN A STRANGER'S VAN. NO HELP FOR MILES. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Darby Thorne is a college student stranded by a blizzard at a highway rest stop in the middle of nowhere. She’s on the way home to see her sick mother. She’ll have to spend the night in the rest stop with four complete strangers. Then she stumbles across a little girl locked inside one of their parked cars.

There is no cell phone reception, no telephone, no way out because of the snow, and she doesn’t know which one of the other travelers is the kidnapper.

Full of shocking twists and turns, this beautifully written novel will have you on the edge of your seat.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 499 comments sorry I can never get this right NO EXIT by Taylor Adams

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12874 comments Mod
Susan, you had it right the first time! No worries.

message 10: by Namita (last edited Oct 18, 2017 01:04PM) (new)

Namita  | 201 comments I nominate: Malevolent (Cases of Lieutenant Kane, #1) by E.H. Reinhard

description

Tampa Homicide Lieutenant Carl Kane has a tough job. His day to day consists of decomposing dead bodies and removing murderers from the general public. But, when two women’s bodies are found under similar circumstances, it quickly turns into more than your average case. The killer is clearly looking to make a name for himself, and his plans for these women go far beyond death. When the media runs with the story, the killer’s moment in the spotlight arrives.

It’s up to Lieutenant Kane to bring the man the press has dubbed the ‘Psycho Surgeon’ to justice. Yet, being the lead on the case has its drawbacks—like becoming the focus of the killer yourself.

As Lieutenant Kane closes in on his suspect, he soon realizes that the case has become far more personal than he could have ever imagined.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2189 comments Susan wrote: "I nominate NO EXIT

A KIDNAPPED LITTLE GIRL LOCKED IN A STRANGER'S VAN. NO HELP FOR MILES. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Darby Thorne is a college student stranded by a blizzard at a highway ..."

Another good one. I will put this on my list too.

message 14: by Christine (new)

message 15: by Sandra (new)

We have some great nominations! Any one of them would be awesome!

message 16: by Sandra (new)

Barbara "Cookie" wrote: "Shameless book 1 of Nashville Night by Cheryl Douglas, or Exodus book 1of The Exodus Trilogy by Andreas Christensen"

While both nominations sound interesting, they seem to be from the Contemporary Romance & SciFi genres and thus not eligible for our group BOM. Nominations for this group must be from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Genre or one of its sub-genres. (Guideline #3 above). Feel free to make another nomination per these guidelines, Cookie. :)

message 17: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 668 comments It's going to be a difficult choice for me: there are at least three I'd sign on for at the drop of a hat!

message 18: by Sandra (new)

Me too, Charlene! Tough to decide how to vote this time!

message 19: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2189 comments Me too ladies! There are a few books that sound very interesting.