The Boy in the Striped Pajamas The Boy in the Striped Pajamas discussion

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn Desrosiers For the past couple weeks I have been reading the book The Boy in the striped pajamas. I think this is a great book and can be very relatable at some parts. This book is also a little educational because it takes place during WWII, during the holocaust. The main characters name in this book is Bruno. Bruno is a 9 year old boy who lived in Berlin. Then one day he comes home from school to find Maria one of his maids packing all of his stuff into boxes. At this point in the book everything starts to change for Bruno. His whole world turned upside down. One day he was living in his large house in Berlin and then within a few days he has to move to Out-With. I find this story relatable because during the book Bruno has to adapt to a new home, a new country, and not as many things to do. I find this relatable because at some point in our lives we need to adapt to a new situation whether you are moving to a new town, school, or even country.
I believe this is a great book that anyone would want to read and it is even a little educational. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the holocaust and wants to learn a little more about it. I would give this book ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.

Penguin Random House Canada I'm really glad you like this book and found it relatable.

Lila Smith Its so sad all he wanted to do was help him find his papa and sadly that was the time they gassed the jews. By the end you realized the father felt bad for letting the soldiers gas the Jews.