Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Lincoln in the Bardo wins!!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments Lincoln in the Bardo wins the Man Booker! It was my favorite of the shortlist, but I thought it had no chance given that would mean back to back awards to Americans. I thought Exit West would get it . . .

But thrilled to see Saunders take home the prize!

message 2: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5519 comments I just saw that. I have yet to read it.

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1182 comments I’m really surprised- I loved the book, and it was so inventive.
But back to back American wins may cause some grumbles across the pond!

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments Tracy, I belong to another group here, primarily British members. And as you suspect . . .they are NOT pleased.

Brave judges.

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments I wanted Autumn to win but I’m happy with this winner

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I had a feeling it would win. It is so unique and inventive. It wasn't my favourite of them all but I completely agree that Saunders is a worthy recipient.

message 7: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7717 comments This may be the first time I have ever read the winning book! Lol

message 8: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2762 comments :) This is the first time I read the winning book BEFORE it was the winning book. I still want to read several of the books that were on the short list.

message 9: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 696 comments I am happy, Yes, I read this one before it was the winning book.

message 10: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I was underwhelmed by Saunder's book but haven't read the other short list books to make comparisons. I'm at the half way point inHistory of Wolves so can't say whether I would consider it worthy of the win. I do believe I'll like it better than Lincoln in the Bardo.

message 11: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I was not surprised either. Definitely the first time I've read the winner before it won.

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael (mike999) | 569 comments I'm happy it won, so unique and haunting of the emotions. I wanted Autumn to be great, but it was B+ compared to prior A level books. Finally got my hands on a library version of Exit West only a few days ago. I figured to have a chance at it before winning the award made it too popular.