VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE discussion

'Salem's Lot
This topic is about 'Salem's Lot
NEWS > Stephen King want's a new 'Salem's Lot movie...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (last edited Oct 17, 2017 01:52PM) (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 880 comments Mod
Considering the success of IT, and most likely some of the recent Netflix movies based off of his stories, this news comes as no surprise. Stephen King says he now wants his iconic vampire novel, 'Salem's Lot turned into a new film adaptation. As well as The Stand (I thought that one was already in the works with Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flagg).

http://screenrant.com/stephen-king-sa...

'Salem's Lot has already been turned into two tv miniseries in the past. One in 1979 and the other in 2004 (many people prefer the 1979 version, I like both equally).

However, it would be really cool to see 'Salem's Lot on the big screen. Perhaps a more faithful version of the book. I'm getting sick of remakes, however I think this is an awesome Idea and I've got my fingers crossed.

message 2: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 86 comments Mod
I agree on the remakes. there is plenty of stuff there for new movies. I just finished Skeleton Crew and I would LOVE to see a FAITHFUL adaption of Gramma.

message 3: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (last edited Nov 05, 2017 05:06PM) (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 880 comments Mod
Latasha wrote: "I agree on the remakes. there is plenty of stuff there for new movies. I just finished Skeleton Crew and I would LOVE to see a FAITHFUL adaption of Gramma."

I loved Skeleton Crew. King's short stories are awesome.