YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Silver Mask (Magisterium #4)
This topic is about The Silver Mask
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Silver Mask (Magisterium #4) - Holly Black & Cassandra Clare - Starting November 2nd, 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

A generation ago, Constantine Madden came close to achieving what no magician had ever achieved: the ability to bring back the dead. He didn't succeed . . . but he did find a way to keep himself alive, inside a young child named Callum Hunt.

Now Call is one of the most feared and reviled students in the history of the Magisterium, thought to be responsible for a devastating death and an ever-present threat of war. As a result, Call has been imprisoned and interrogated. Everyone wants to know what Constantine was up to-and how he lives on.

But Call has no idea.

It is only when he's broken out of prison that the full potential of Constantine's plan is suddenly in his hands . . . and he must decide what to do with his power.

Lisa | 1990 comments I ordered that book but now they informed me that they can't deliver it.... :( So... i purchased another edition with a cover i don't like so much... but what would we not do to read our books :)

Karen Barber | 10630 comments I hate it when that happens! Bit late starting as son decided he’d read it first!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

That is so annoying, I am very special about my books matching, sorry about it.

Chapters 1-4:
(view spoiler)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 5:
(view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10630 comments Chapters 1-3. (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I finished! It was so much better the last one!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen wrote: "Chapters 1-3. [spoilers removed]"

Me too! (view spoiler)

@Melany Wow, Melany, you're fast! It is definetely different than the other three!
About Tamara: (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Anna wrote: "Karen wrote: "Chapters 1-3. [spoilers removed]"

Me too! [spoilers removed]

@Melany Wow, Melany, you're fast! It is definetely different than the other three!
About Tamara: [spoilers removed]"

@Anna lol these book are so short, too short sometimes, like the last book

About Call and Tamara (view spoiler)

This is love thing that comes into play at the end of the book (view spoiler)

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments I WANT TO READ IT TOO :( :( :( :(

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Melany wrote: "Anna wrote: "Karen wrote: "Chapters 1-3. [spoilers removed]"

About Tamara: [spoilers ..."

I have not read the last part of the comment just in case but I have always felt like (view spoiler)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 6:
(view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10630 comments Up to ch9. Thinking Jericho will turn out to be more important than they believe.

Karen Barber | 10630 comments Melany wrote: "Chapter 9 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10630 comments Melany wrote: "Anna wrote: "Karen wrote: "Chapters 1-3. [spoilers removed]"

About Tamara: [spoilers ..."

(view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10630 comments The ending definitely picked that one up...now I have to wait for the next bit!

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Karen wrote: "Melany wrote: "Anna wrote: "Karen wrote: "Chapters 1-3. [spoilers removed]"

About Tam..."

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments My copy just arrived today :( Now i have to read it alone... stupid Amazone...

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I hope you enjoy it!

message 25: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments I'm sure i will :) Thank you :)

message 26: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments 2 Chapters done and i already like it😀 i mean how can you not love Jasper 😘 (view spoiler)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa wrote: "2 Chapters done and i already like it😀 i mean how can you not love Jasper 😘 [spoilers removed]"

I am also a fan of Jasper! He is so much fun but you can also see he cares about the others, though he doesn't like to show it.

I will be here to discuss the book with you, so don't worry :)

message 28: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments Thank you, Anna :)

Chapter 3-5(i think): (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Lisa wrote: "Thank you, Anna :)

Chapter 3-5(i think): [spoilers removed]"

Alex is the worst!

message 30: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments He's just a child who's sulking because he wants to play with chaos too just because someone else can :)

Karen Barber | 10630 comments Totally agree...Alex is pretty unlikeable. I hoped for some kind of redeeming feature, but don’t think there was one!

message 32: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments His mother dies and Anastasia wasn't really there for him, but that's no reason to go off and kill People.
Okay, he finally found a Mentor with Master Joseph and he only cared about Call... but... i just don't want to like Alex! Poor Aaron :(

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Just started and the first chapter very quickly went from being really sad, to funny, to Oh Crap!

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Chapter 10
(view spoiler)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments End
(view spoiler)

message 37: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments 48% (view spoiler)

message 38: by Lisa (last edited Nov 08, 2017 01:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments (view spoiler)

what do you guys think?

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments @Lisa I agree I got that feeling too, but what you wrote was a spoiler so could you put as spoiler so not to spoil people who use this thread in the future (view spoiler)

message 40: by Lisa (last edited Nov 08, 2017 01:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments oh no? did i just spoil myself? :( *sigh* :)
or do you mean the (view spoiler) part?

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Lisa wrote: "oh no? did i just spoil myself? :( *sigh* :)
or do you mean the [spoilers removed] part?"

Oh I thought you finished I'm sorry!!!!1 (view spoiler)

message 42: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments only or better ALREADY 48% into the book :)
no problem :) but i think that means i am a clairvoyant :D
or... i just read too many books already :)
who am i kidding, there's nothing like "too many books" - just a too small shelf or room :)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments The latter, it's pretty predictable if you read a lot I think, and yes never enough book only too small living spaces lol

message 44: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments I don't want this book to end because then we have to wait another YEAR for the next one :( the LAST one :(

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Lisa wrote: "I don't want this book to end because then we have to wait another YEAR for the next one :( the LAST one :("

I know I really what to know how it ends!!

message 46: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments Only 30 pages left... maybe i'll just not finish the book, so it will never end... *crazy laugh*...
... :( who am i kidding? i'll finish it :(

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Lisa wrote: "Only 30 pages left... maybe i'll just not finish the book, so it will never end... *crazy laugh*...
... :( who am i kidding? i'll finish it :("

Finished it so I can talk about the end not spoil you!

message 48: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments But... but... but... the next comes out in 1 YEAR!!! and it's the last one :(

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Lisa wrote: "But... but... but... the next comes out in 1 YEAR!!! and it's the last one :("

I know, we can be in pain together

message 50: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments Okay, i'll finish it tomorrow... it's 11:25pm here and tomorrow is work so, good night :)

« previous 1