Old Souls Book Club discussion

Try this Today! > Do you have a pet? Or a plant? Maybe a baby?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saiisha (new)

Saiisha | 544 comments Mod
If you have a pet or a baby, you know they make such wonderful companions to learn from - Eckhart Tolle claims that he's met several zen masters and they're all cats :) And of course the infectious happiness of a dog is something that can bring instant joy.

So if you don't have a pet, and don't want one, consider getting a plant - taking care of a plant (or a garden!) can give us such pleasure, peace and also precious lessons that only Nature can teach!

What other ideas do you have to bring instant joy?
Please share!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 127 comments I have always had cats! I love their independence while at the same time wanting attention from you. We had dogs when the kids were small but cats reign supreme for me. I also think we don't give animals enough credit. They are smarter and more intuitive than we think, and they do make our life better!

message 3: by Saiisha (new)

Saiisha | 544 comments Mod
Barbara wrote: "I have always had cats! I love their independence while at the same time wanting attention from you. We had dogs when the kids were small but cats reign supreme for me. I also think we don't give a..."

I couldn't agree more Barbara - animals have a unique way of bringing us back to the present moment - every time!