NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

Need Help? [Ask the Group] > Limited badges (Advocate/etc)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (last edited Oct 17, 2017 10:01AM) (new)

Annie (bionerdannie) | 32 comments I was wondering if anyone has any idea whether/when NG is going to do a limited badge for 2017 like they did in 2015 and 2016?

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) (dorie--catsbooks) | 440 comments I asked about this in Spring and they told me that they weren't doing that this year but were working on some "exciting new changes". Well we now know what those changes were and don't like them. Just my feelings of course but I do think they need to add something else to the badge system. Maybe a hard copy of a book after 200 reviews, or something, I don't know, sorry for the ranting

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (thewrittenadventure) | 8 comments For those Netgalley newbies, what were the changes and why didn’t people like them?

message 4: by Annie (last edited Oct 17, 2017 09:30PM) (new)

Annie (bionerdannie) | 32 comments I'm curious what the changes were also. I've only been active on NG since late July.

Aaah, I think I know... The 'was this review helpful' button + the all reviews will be visible thing, etc.

I saw that they had removed the downvote button also, which I can understand (though I admit, it would be nice to be able to downvote in the case of some of those egregiously weird/troll 1 star reviews on NG). On the other hand, I guess a downvote button could lead to a lot of the same problems that exist on Amazon.

Oh well. I was just idly wondering because my 200 review badge seems like a looooong way away. It'll be a couple months at my current rate of reviewing. :P