Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Buddy Read Trackers > Diana's Cuddle Corner (Buddy Read Tracker)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 309 (309 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Diana Stormblessed (last edited Mar 02, 2019 02:48PM) (new)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Changing how I track these. Instead of deleting old months I'll now stick them into the thread when I'm done.

March

February clean up
The Martian
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Tigana

3/1 Raven's Shadow

3/1 Deadhouse Gates

3/1 Mistress of the Empire

3/7 Lords of the North

*3/8 Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast

3/15 The Vampire Lestat

*3/22 The Last Light of the Sun

*will get cut if I run out of time

I'm laughing at how much I overbooked myself in February.😂😂😂 This doesn't include finishing Gardens of the Moon, and buddy reads that will inevitably pop up this month.

message 2: by Diana Stormblessed (last edited Dec 29, 2018 07:00PM) (new)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments TBD

message 4: by Diana Stormblessed (last edited Dec 20, 2017 03:08PM) (new)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Aw man I totally over booked myself for December. 1 week left and 4 more books to go. Mental note: pace myself better.

message 5: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16634 comments You got 11 days... that's a book every 66hrs... you got this... cause January isn't doing you any favors the way February is at the moment...

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I might have to drop Game of Thrones. It's a reread anyway and the book is massive :/ I'm pushing that one as last. So if I have time for it, great. If I don't... it is what it is.

message 7: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16634 comments I haven't had much time for re-reads lately... I did plenty of them early in the year before I got a lot more active in groups... only 2 I've done since are Magic Binds in August and Final Empire right now...

The rest, I just mark the Buddy Reads so I can try and visit while others are reading and maybe say something...

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Iain wrote: "I haven't had much time for re-reads lately... I did plenty of them early in the year before I got a lot more active in groups... only 2 I've done since are Magic Binds in August and Final Empire r..."

That's what I did with Curse of Chalion. Game of Thrones I have actually been meaning to reread for a while. With the show I now cant remember what's different between the book and show and wanted a refresh. But in hindsight, I should save my reread for right before there'll be a next book, if that ever happens.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I'm giving up on Black Wing, The Emperor's Blade and my Game of Thrones reread. I overbooked myself. I'm putting Black Wing, and The Emperor's Blade on my overflowing bookshelf since I already got them and now must read them, but probably no time soon.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Adding Dragons of Winter Night to January. You know... cuz I don't have enough books in January.

message 11: by Zaara (last edited Jan 18, 2018 08:43AM) (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Happy Birthday, dear Diana.
Diana=Artemis=Goddess of the Moon and of the Hunt.
A wise and regal name for a lady normally depicted in a more martial aspect (bow strung or arrow in flight) + with her animal companions.

But I chose to go with this one by acclaimed fantasy artist Josephine Wall. It is one of the prints on my wall.
She looks so serene and happy, doesn't she? And yet she sees everything, Di. She grows and diminishes each month...each new moon a hope and a promise, each full moon a fulfilled word of completion and abundance. I wish you all these things on your birthday and all thru the year. Along with all the other gifts that Diana stands for, of course. I didn't know for sure if you'd like/appreciate a posting on Random Chatter. But here is a personalised note + all the birthday love is from ALL of us at FBR. I'll see you arnd on the threds, ok? Its very late on the 18th, heck its the 19th here. Hopefully my timezone math is getting better for you all the way over there in the States.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Thank you so so much! The picture is gorgeous and the greek/Roman description of Artemis/Diana fits me exactly. I purposefully bought our house in a super wooded area. We have a family of deer that live in our backyard that I watch out for. I am a huge animal rights advocate and animal shelter volunteer. I take a picture with me and Artemis/Diana statues every time I go to a museum lol. I'm a huge geek for Greek and Roman mythology. And yes, you got the time just right. It's 5 minute to noon here in New York :-) Smack dab in the middle of the day.

message 13: by Zaara (last edited Jan 18, 2018 09:07AM) (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Well I'm sure glad I cut the cloth to fit the coat, DIANAAAAAAA.
*jingles*
Enjoy your birthday....and *hug* your house sounds amazing....
+ those Hellenic depictions of deity...*sigh*
Edit to add:
Altho' me...I'd rather take a Vulcan than an Apollo...what say?
I have a deer in the backyard story too. From somewhere...I think I told Marge or someone sometime. She wasn't amused...heh, it wasn't a very funny story and I won't bore you with it today of all days. Hey hope your cake is good and the presemts are good and tell us what they are, cuz telling your mates is like getting the presents twice, no? And ok I will stop babbling now and go to bed.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Zaara wrote: "Well I'm sure glad I cut the cloth to fit the coat, DIANAAAAAAA.
*jingles*
Enjoy your birthday....and *hug* your house sounds amazing....
+ those Hellenic depictions of deity...*sigh*
Edit to add:
..."

We'll see if I get presents. I feel that at this age friends no longer give gifts, family sends $$, my kids are too young to care about anyone's birthdays but their own, and I think my husband is just getting me a new fitbit, because my old one broke and this is what I told him I wanted. I also told him I wanted the 10th anniversary special addition Elantris book that I can take to get signed in April. We'll see if he comes through with that one.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Wow, actually gonna get all my buddy reads done this January! 13 new buddy reads, 2 books finished that were started last month, and 1 book on my own. This has been my busiest reading month ever in the history of my life.

message 16: by Miche (new)

Miche | 3092 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Wow, actually gonna get all my buddy reads done this January! 13 new buddy reads, 2 books finished that were started last month, and 1 book on my own. This has been my busiest reading month ever in..."

Congrats! :D

message 18: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Wow, your January was busy! Good job :)

message 19: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3611 comments Awesome job in January!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Thanks :-) So far I have 14(!) for Feb, and 3 more that I want to do if there's time (ha!). And it's a short month. Not sure I'm going to get through it :-/

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3611 comments I'm trying to pare down, myself. Starting in March I think I only average about three BRs per month. I'm too much of a mood reader and I'm finding that I miss just being able grab something from my TBR stack because I'm in the mood to read it as opposed to it being something I'm scheduled to read. I need more flexibility and keeping it to 3-4 BRs a month gives me the best of both worlds. :-)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Veronica wrote: "I'm trying to pare down, myself. Starting in March I think I only average about three BRs per month. I'm too much of a mood reader and I'm finding that I miss just being able grab something from my..."

I feel you. I might need to take a bit of a break in March. I might be over doing myself. Reading is losing some of the fun.

message 23: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Veronica wrote: "I'm trying to pare down, myself. Starting in March I think I only average about three BRs per month. I'm too much of a mood reader and I'm finding that I miss just being able grab something from my..."

Yeah I agree.
Like right now, LoLL has me wanting to reread Oliver Twist but I know I can't now...I can't...
I don't remember where Ron posted the Freeeeedoooom GIF but over here I was all Alba gu Bràth...
*paints face with woad*
Get it?
Woad RAIDERS

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Finally I get myself a 5 star book. Nevernight is my first 5 star book of 2018. Though Gentleman Bastards came damn close, I was just really missing YA I guess.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Added A Closed and Common Orbit to my Feb list. Sigh. 15 books in Feb. Think Oathbringer is going to get stretched out over the whole month so I can fit other books between. Poor Oathbringer. That's what you get for being a 1200 page reread.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Decided I would give myself a break in March, so cut out a bunch of buddy reads I previously wanted to do. Down to 13. I suck at breaks :-/

message 27: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Decided I would give myself a break in March, so cut out a bunch of buddy reads I previously wanted to do. Down to 13. I suck at breaks :-/"

And here I was, happily adding tentative BR to my schedule thinking I was overbooking myself. I'm up to 13 in March as well haha.
I blame my book-madness. That's a real disease!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Virginie wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Decided I would give myself a break in March, so cut out a bunch of buddy reads I previously wanted to do. Down to 13. I suck at breaks :-/"

And here I was, happily addi..."

I see all these books and I think "That sounds interesting. Oh, this one, too." And before you know if I have every scheduled br on my schedule. So I only added the ones I REALLY want to do. If I look like I'm going to have time (HA! Yeah right) I might add more.

message 29: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Virginie wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Decided I would give myself a break in March, so cut out a bunch of buddy reads I previously wanted to do. Down to 13. I suck at breaks :-/"

And here I ..."

Yeah, they all look so interesting. My TBR pile is growing every day and my schedule is getting out of control. I mean, when I joined the group a month ago, I promised myself "no more than 3 BR a month".
Riiiight.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Virginie wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Virginie wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Decided I would give myself a break in March, so cut out a bunch of buddy reads I previously wanted to do. Down to 13. I suck ..."

Last year I thought I had pushed myself when I finished the year with 75 books read. Ha! This year is looking at about 150-160 at this rate.

message 31: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7741 comments Wow you do have a busy schedule!! Good luck! :D

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Siobhan wrote: "Wow you do have a busy schedule!! Good luck! :D"

Thanks! I'm considering removing a few more books so I don't burn out. Plus end of march I'll be traveling so doubt I'll get much reading done then.

message 33: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7741 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Wow you do have a busy schedule!! Good luck! :D"

Thanks! I'm considering removing a few more books so I don't burn out. Plus end of march I'll be traveling so doubt I'll get much r..."

I've pretty much decided to leave them on my list so I know when they are, and if I get to them great, if I don't I'll try not to sweat it.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself hun :)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Siobhan wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Wow you do have a busy schedule!! Good luck! :D"

Thanks! I'm considering removing a few more books so I don't burn out. Plus end of march I'll be traveli..."

That's going to be my attitude, too. Hopefully I'll make them all.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Giving up and scratching White Sand Volume 1 from my list. Too behind and it's a reread anyway. Plus I didn't love my first read through.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Added Master Assassins and Kushiels' Chosen to March and we're back up to 15. Depending on how I do, Old Man's War, Master Assassins, White Sand, and Elantris might get bumped (in that order).

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I updated March. Took out White Sand Volume 2 and Master Assassins. Old Man's War might go, too. We'll see. I added in Succubus Blues though. so I'm still at 14 books in March. March i have less reading time, too, so I might be cutting Promise of Blood, too.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I just had to DNF The Liar's Key. Think I need to take a day or two hiatus from reading. I might have burnt myself out in Jan and Feb.

message 40: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7432 comments Mod
Can't imagine why. ;)

Hope the hiatus helps. <3

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Well, my hiatus lasted a whole 15 minutes. Then I got bored and now I'm listening to Oathbringer again. At least I know this one I'll enjoy :-)

message 42: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Well, my hiatus lasted a whole 15 minutes. Then I got bored and now I'm listening to Oathbringer again. At least I know this one I'll enjoy :-)"

HAHAHA!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments My hiatus turned into a reading slow down. I'm swamped with work this month (accounting's busiest month) and not getting as much reading done as I'd like. Moved Queen of Fire, Old Man's war, and Promise of Blood to the maybe one day pile. Not going to start new series this month.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Ugh, Added Red Rising to March. So many books I want to read!!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Removed the Shades of Magic books 2 and 3. I just don't have time to finish the series right now.

April is looking very manageable at 9 books. Gives me room to add 1 or 2 more last minute additions.

message 46: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7741 comments Your April is definitely looking good :) so excited for Best Served Cold!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Siobhan wrote: "Your April is definitely looking good :) so excited for Best Served Cold!"

Me too! Lol, as I reread my April list before I posted, I stopped on that one cuz I couldn't remember what it was. I had to scroll over it. When I saw Joe Abercrombie I smiled lol.

message 48: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7741 comments Haha, his name makes me smile too xD

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments So much for my excitement for only 9 books in April. Back up to 13. I'm going to have to start cutting books again.

message 50: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7741 comments There's lots of buddy reads in April I would love to join, but I know I can't!

Keeping a list of the ones you've had to cut is a great idea. I bet another group of people will want to read them again when you get time. :)
I want to read Blackwing at some point!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7