Teays Valley Readers discussion

Breakfast with Neruda
This topic is about Breakfast with Neruda
A Book Set in Columbus

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lauren Sisley | 2 comments Mod
Breakfast with Neruda is a book written about two young teens who meet in Rooster, Ohio, just outside of Columbus. Both Michael and Shelly are serving community service over their summer vacation by cleaning up their school every day along with the school janitors. Over the course of the summer they get to know each other and uncover secrets about one another some of which explain why they are serving community service time.
So far, I really like this book. I love that many of the settings occur in places I have visited in Columbus like The Book Loft, German Village, and various parks throughout the city. The author is from Ohio and her descriptions of these locations make me feel like I am living alongside Michael and Shelly. I can't wait to uncover the darkest secret that each of them are withholding from the other.
I think once they both reveal that information that Michael and Shelly will fall in love. For now, they are letting a few walls stand between their relationship. Will they ever feel comfortable letting the other glimpse into their life?

message 2: by Bayleigh (new)

Bayleigh | 2 comments This book sounds very interesting because I’ve never read a book that takes place in Columbus or Ohio for the most part. Do you think the author is telling his/her own story through fictional characters? It sound like the author may be communicating their own story. If not, it still sounds like a book I would definitely like to read.

Lauren Sisley | 2 comments Mod
Bayleigh wrote: "This book sounds very interesting because I’ve never read a book that takes place in Columbus or Ohio for the most part. Do you think the author is telling his/her own story through fictional chara..."

Bayleigh, if you are interested in this book I will let you borrow my copy. Let me know if you want it!