Play Book Tag discussion

Turtles All the Way Down
This topic is about Turtles All the Way Down
Archive: Other Books > Turtles All the Way Down - John Green - 3 1/2 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 783 comments In Turtles All The Way Down, sixteen year old Aza and her friend, Daisy, start off to solve a case of a missing billionaire. Aza happens to have known the man's son, Davis, from years ago. They reconnect and Davis and Aza start to spend a lot of time together. The novel focuses on friendships, parent child relationships, and Aza's anxiety.

I was not sure what rating to give this book. If I fell into the Young Adult category I probably would have enjoyed the mystery part more and rated it higher. I did appreciate that Green wanted to explore a character with OCD and her thoughts related to it; Green has been open in saying that he has a form of OCD himself. Aza did seem real and tried to explain her feelings and how it affected her actions. We see that she will always have to deal with certain aspects of OCD and this helps the reader see a strength that Aza may not always realize herself.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Man, second lukewarm review I've seen of this. But it's John Green, so I'll probably read it anyway.