YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter  (The Riyria Chronicles, #4)
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter by Michael J Sullivan - Starting Dec. 5th, 2017

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Caught between his partner’s moral compass and a father’s desire for vengeance, will Royce turn the rivers of Rochelle red?

When Gabriel Winter’s daughter mysteriously disappears and is presumed dead, the wealthy whiskey baron seeks revenge. Having lived in Colnora during the infamous Year of Fear, he hires the one man he knows can deliver a bloody retribution—the notorious Duster.

Ride with Royce and Hadrian as the cynical ex-assassin and idealistic ex-mercenary travel to a mysterious old-world city filled with nobles claiming descent from imperial aristocracy. Riyria’s job appears easy: discover what happened to the missing duchess and, if she lives, bring her home . . . if not, punish those responsible. But nothing is simple in the crowded, narrow, mist-filled streets of Rochelle, where more than one ancient legend lurks.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments The book is available to all the backers now! I kind of want to read it now...but I should probably wait until the planned date...

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Started this one. Only just over a chapter in but already loving it. Genny is fun.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Through chapter 5. (view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Through chapter 10. (view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I now have my copy and will start tomorrow :)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Yay! Been super slow on this one but should speed up in the next couple of days. Hoping to finish this week.

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Gillian wrote: "Chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments C.P. wrote: "Through chapter 10.

I love all the little clues they give as they go along

message 11: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments They are great! Can't remember where I am now. Will update later though.

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I finished the book while driving today sorry I could not update while I read it. This week has been very hectic, I will join in with your comments as I don't know the chapter numbers and I don't want to spoil it for you. :)

message 13: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Hope you liked it! Just finished chapter 15. (view spoiler)

message 14: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Through chapter 20. (view spoiler)

message 15: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Through chapter 23. (view spoiler)

message 16: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Through chapter 27. (view spoiler)

message 17: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Just finished and loved it! It was so nice to see all of the history with Genny and Leo, since they showed up in Revelations. And their story was great. It really gave depth to their characters.

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments My apologies I have been very slack in commenting on this book as it was my daughters wedding on the weekend and it has taken a lot of work to prepare for it. However I did really enjoy the book even though I mixed up my series so I plan to read this series from the start. :)

message 19: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Oh, have you not read the other Chronicles? They are standalone, so it won't mess you up, but reading them in sequence is great.

message 20: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments And I hope the wedding went well!