Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Russia's 'New' Tools for Confronting the West: Continuity and Innovation in Moscow's Exercise of Power
Book Issues > Author name reversed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keir (new)

Keir Giles | 6 comments Apologies if this is a duplicate post - tried once before and it sank without trace.

I can't add this title to my author profile because the author name is shown reversed (should be Keir Giles not Giles Keir).

Could you fix that please so it can be added?

Thank you!

message 2: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 3218 comments Done, do you have a desciption for the book?

message 3: by Keir (new)

Keir Giles | 6 comments Thank you! - I do, as follows:

"Russia's successful military interventions in Ukraine and Syria surprised the West. But the capabilities Moscow used for its return to an assertive foreign policy had been well advertised in advance, and their development described in detail by the Russia-watching community in Western nations. The distinctive Russian approach to operations in Ukraine caused NATO to use phrases like 'hybrid warfare' and 'Gerasimov doctrine' in a search for ways to make sense of an approach to conflict that the West found at first sight unfamiliar. But the techniques and methods displayed by Russia in Ukraine have roots in traditional Soviet approaches. This Chatham House research report traces Russia's unbroken and consistently developing train of thought on the changing nature of conflict and how to prevail in it, including - but certainly not limited to - the successful application of military power."

message 4: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 3218 comments Thank you, I added the description.

message 5: by Keir (new)

Keir Giles | 6 comments Thank you!