Historical Mystery Lovers discussion

Carol K. Carr
This topic is about Carol K. Carr
Featured Authors > Featured Author November 2017 - Carol K. Carr

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Nov 15, 2017 10:40AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1679 comments Mod
Carol K. Carr is our featured author for November 2017

Feel free to make book suggestions in this thread.

Come and tell us which book you picked and once you've read it let us know what you thought of it (is it a new to you author, would you read her work again, etc.)

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I read her India Black books and thought they were a lot of fun. It was a shame the publisher only took it to four books.

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 65 comments Uhh, that link took me to a page written in Japanese. . . .

She appears to have a Facebook page, and there's a terse page devoted to her on the Penguin Random House site. Looks like there were six India Black books.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments Looks like 4 books, two novellas. (The ones that are listed as ".5" and "3.5" in series are the novellas.)

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Yes, two novellas.

message 6: by Alice (new)

Alice | 583 comments I have read all of her books they are very good. Highly recommend.

message 7: by OLT (new)

OLT | 5 comments Does anybody know if she'll be writing more India Black stories? The last one was a few years ago, right? I enjoyed them and wanted to see where the romance was going, in addition to the mysteries.

message 8: by Veronica (last edited Oct 19, 2017 07:48AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I don't think so, OLT. It seems the author has disappeared from the internet. Her FB hasn't had a post from her in years and her old website is gone. I really enjoyed India and Lachlan and wanted to see where things went with them too.

message 9: by OLT (new)

OLT | 5 comments Bummer. Hope she's OK. I remember wanting more Ariana Franklin Mistress of Death books, only to discover she had died.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Abigail wrote: "Uhh, that link took me to a page written in Japanese. . . ."

Oops! Sorry about that.

It does seem that she has stopped writing and publishing.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

OLT wrote: "Bummer. Hope she's OK. I remember wanting more Ariana Franklin Mistress of Death books, only to discover she had died."

Yes, that was quite a shock. Her daughter has said that she will write more books in the series but that was ages ago and nothing has materialized.

message 12: by Piyumi (new)

Piyumi | 15 comments Hi everyone, I just got the prompt from this group about the November read being India Black book 1 by Carr :D and surprise surprise, I have the book sitting on my shelf....

But what is this, Carr has stopped writing? and the series ends in just few books? Ooo :(
This would be my first Carr.

And what a coincidence, I too went through the same scenes with Ariana Franklin Mistress of Death series :(
Loved loved that series.... only to hear of her passing. She was a great writer and MoD was a great series.

message 13: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 138 comments I am 70% through the first India Black book & am greatly enjoying it. Her sardonic wit has me chuckling. Since this is apparently a short series, maybe I'll be able to read them all!

message 14: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 65 comments Ooh, sardonic wit! I was thinking I wasn’t going to have time for this read, but you’ve made me rethink.

message 15: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 138 comments Ha! I finished it this morning. I think you'll enjoy it.

message 16: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 16 comments I have only read the first two books in the India Black series and I enjoyed them quite a bit

message 17: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Conyngham | 94 comments Just finished the first India Black. There were quite a few anachronisms and Americanisms, but it was still a great romp and very entertaining. Thanks for recommending it!

message 18: by Lauren (new)

So glad that many of you are enjoying this author.