Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV / Podcasts Archive > 1980's: The Deadliest Decade

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments Tonight is the season 2 premiere on The ID Channel.

Its about the Christmas Eve murder of 22 year old newlywed Lisa Solomon.

message 2: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 13254 comments And are you convinced yet that the 80s were the deadliest decade? When we were in the thick of it, it didn't seem like such a big deal, but oddly, when the crime rate started to decline after that, we started to hear more and more about it, as if the crime rate were continuing top spiral skywards rather than the reverse.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments I don't know if the 80's was "The Deadliest" but I do think the news in the 80's was more about "If it bleeds it leads".

message 4: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 13254 comments I believe the peak crime rate in this country was 1986. After that things started improving.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments Tonights episode is about the murder of Tv Star Rebecca Schaeffer.

Why don't they show reruns of My Sister Sam?

I've never seen that show and would love to watch it. I'm sure its on YouTube but why isn't it on Tvland?

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments The killer Robert John Bardo( I don't think I spelled that right) was originally obsessed with Debbie Gibson and even once went to Gibson's house to see her.

message 7: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 13254 comments But I guess he didn't ice her. Did he try?

message 8: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1105 comments Erin wrote: "Tonight is the season 2 premiere on The ID Channel.

Its about the Christmas Eve murder of 22 year old newlywed Lisa Solomon."

Dang, I would love to see it but although I get ID and love it probably this case won't be on there. I would love to read about the case.

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth Carpenter (emma2009) | 46 comments Erin, if you go on the ID website and look up the title of the show it will tell you what episodes they are playing and when they air