Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
This topic is about Battlefront II
Inferno Squad - Oct 2017 > Spoiler-free Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
Haven't finished the book yet, but have non-spoilery thoughts? This is the thread for you!

message 2: by Teresa, Ewok Defender (new)

Teresa Delgado (icecoldpenguin) | 142 comments Mod
As you start reading the book we start to get a look at an all new strong female character of Iden Versio. What are your initial thoughts?

message 3: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
She is such a cool character but I am having a hard time liking her because she is working for the bad guys. She is an Imperial through and through

message 4: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Moreci | 4 comments I'm just about down and find it to be pretty good. Christie's last book, Dark Disciple, is one of the BEST of the new canon, but so far this one is so-so. I feel like the book is holding back from going full evil Empire, which I would have enjoyed way, way more. But, I'm reserving judgment until I'm totally done.

message 5: by Teresa, Ewok Defender (new)

Teresa Delgado (icecoldpenguin) | 142 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "I'm just about down and find it to be pretty good. Christie's last book, Dark Disciple, is one of the BEST of the new canon, but so far this one is so-so. I feel like the book is holding back from ..."

I am curious why they want us to love the empire or feel sympathy for the them.

Aaron wrote: "She is such a cool character but I am having a hard time liking her because she is working for the bad guys. She is an Imperial through and through"

but that is the new thing! Love the empire

message 6: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Moreci | 4 comments Teresa wrote: "Michael wrote: "I'm just about down and find it to be pretty good. Christie's last book, Dark Disciple, is one of the BEST of the new canon, but so far this one is so-so. I feel like the book is ho..."

My thoughts are the same, Teresa. I want to see the Empire be fully evil and fully indoctrinated into evil. If you look at the psychology of their followers--from stormtroopers on up--you have to have people who've fully drunk the Kool-Aid. Because once you start examining things if, say, you're a stormtrooper, you realize how absolutely evil the Empire is. Clearly. So to follow, you have to be brainwashed, to a degree, and really buy the Empire's message. That said, it's hard to buy characters who waffle on their role in the Empire because their alleged drive to bring peace and order to the galaxy is a house of cards. That's why I'd like to see a more honest depiction of the Empire and have the characters within be totally ruthless. Personally, I can love the Empire without feeling sympathy for them. I don't need that component. I want to relish in them being totally evil and have fun with that.

message 7: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Moreci | 4 comments I do love Iden, though--I'm very excited to play the game through her eyes.

Caleb Hobbick (chobbick) | 97 comments Imagine if the Empire was under Thrawn what would Happen?🤔