Adam Lambert 4.0 discussion

QAL 2017 Tour

Comments Showing 1-50 of 574 (574 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Louise (new)

Louise | 3162 comments Mod
Just getting the fall rolling here. All input welcome.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Hello-am I on good reads right now?

message 3: by Louise (new)

Sandy wrote: "Hello-am I on good reads right now?"

Yes, looks like you are. ;)

message 4: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Gotta find out when the Euro tour starts

message 5: by Louise (new)

Next leg of QAL starts on Nov. 1 at O2 Arena in Prague, Czech Republic.
Did you notice on twitter last week that trump had offered the Ambassador role to Czech Republic to his first wife, Ivana? LOL, she turned him down. It's probably nice for her to now be in the position to tell him NO.

message 6: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments I imagine it is.

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Leg 2 — Europe
1 November 2017 Prague Czech Republic O2 Arena — —
2 November 2017 Munich Germany Olympiahalle — —
4 November 2017 Budapest Hungary Papp László Budapest Sportaréna — —
6 November 2017 Łódź Poland Atlas Arena — —
8 November 2017 Vienna Austria Wiener Stadthalle — —
10 November 2017 Bologna Italy Unipol Arena — —
12 November 2017 Amnéville France Galaxie Amnéville — —
13 November 2017 Amsterdam Netherlands Ziggo Dome — —
17 November 2017 Kaunas Lithuania Žalgiris Arena — —
19 November 2017 Helsinki Finland Hartwall Arena — —
21 November 2017 Stockholm Sweden Friends Arena — —
22 November 2017 Copenhagen Denmark Royal Arena — —
25 November 2017 Dublin Ireland 3Arena — —
26 November 2017 Belfast Northern Ireland SSE Arena Belfast — —
28 November 2017 Liverpool England Echo Arena Liverpool — —
30 November 2017 Birmingham Arena Birmingham — —
1 December 2017 Newcastle Metro Radio Arena — —
3 December 2017 Glasgow Scotland The SSE Hydro — —
5 December 2017 Nottingham England Motorpoint Arena Nottingham — —
6 December 2017 Leeds First Direct Arena — —
8 December 2017 Sheffield Sheffield Arena — —
9 December 2017 Manchester Manchester Arena — —
12 December 2017 London The O2 — —
13 December 2017 — —
15 December 2017 The SSE Arena, Wembley — —
16 December 2017 Birmingham Arena Birmingham — —
Leg 3 — Oceania
17 February 2018 Auckland New Zealand Spark Arena — —
18 February 2018 — —
21 February 2018 Sydney Australia Qudos Bank Arena — —
22 February 2018 — —
24 February 2018 Brisbane Brisbane Entertainment Centre — —
27 February 2018 Adelaide Adelaide Entertainment Centre — —
28 February 2018 — —
2 March 2018 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena — —
3 March 2018 — —
6 March 2018 Perth Perth Arena

message 8: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Sandy wrote: "Leg 2 — Europe
1 November 2017 Prague Czech Republic O2 Arena — —
2 November 2017 Munich Germany Olympiahalle — —
4 November 2017 Budapest Hungary Papp László Budapest Sportaréna — —
6 November 201..."

Thanks for the list!

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Sorry it wasn't cleaned up more. It didn't copy and paste vey well.

message 10: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments It's got all the info, unless you know what time they all start Eastern time. hehe. Madam will tell us

message 11: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Yep Madam will take care of that!

message 12: by Louise (new)

I always count on Madam for details as each show approaches. I did print out a hard copy of the upcoming tour dates/locations quite a while back so I could count down the shows coming up.

message 13: by Louise (new)

RockNRollGlambert says she will be streaming the first QAL leg of tour in Prague on this link:
http://mixlr.com/rocknrollglambert/
I'm sure we'll be getting updates from Madam as the 11/1 date approaches.

message 14: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments I never want to try streaming again.

message 15: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Thank goodness for Madam

message 16: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Darn-from some interview Adam did recently that was translated. But why did Roger say they were?

.@AdamLambert denies the rumors that he's working on a new album with Queen:"We don't have such plans at the moment" muzyka.onet.pl/koncerty/adam

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments The interview translated-
"It's important for me to remember that homosexuality is only one part of the personality, and that's why people should not share or make them hate each other," says Adam Lambert, who will sing with Queen's musicians on 6 November at a concert in the Atlas Arena in Lodz. "Sexuality is not everything, just a piece of what we are," he adds. More and more people are realizing that in a world where there is so much darkness and evil, there are far more dangers than the one who loves and who is sleeping with them.

He is 35 years old and is the lead singer of Queen + Adam Lambert, founded by Roger Taylor and Brian May, half of the original Queen band. He recorded three solo albums, filled with a hit mix of pop, funky, rock and dance music: "For Your Entertainment" (2009), "Trespassing" (2012) and "The Original High" (2015). Not only does he sing, but he also writes music and lyrics, he also has experience as a musical actor. He won eight years ago when he took second place on American Idol.

Asked about his greatest inspirations, Adam Lambert mentions Michael Jackson, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Timbaland, No Doubt, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and of course Queen.

message 18: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Interview cont'd

Private is a homosexual, openly speaking in interviews about his preferences.

On the 6th of November, "Glambert", because it is called by fans, will perform in Poland with Queen + Adam Lambert, this time in Lodz Atlas Arena.

message 19: by Sandy (new)

Paweł Piotrowicz: You are coming from Queen to Poland for the fourth time. Have you had some memorable memories from your previous visits?

Adam Lambert: First and foremost, I have the impression that there is no other such audience anywhere in the world. When I sing with you, I feel the great love of the fans and their great commitment to the show. You know the lyrics of the songs, you react spontaneously and you are wonderful.

You may very often hear questions about the possibility of recording a new album with the band ...

All the time. [laugh]

message 20: by Sandy (new)

Since that has not happened so far, I suppose there is not much chance for it. I'm right?

In fact, we do not have such plans at the moment, but I can not say that it is impossible for us to never do something together. We love each other and we feel fantastic in our company, and as we travel around the world, we know for sure how to play together. I think new music is a matter of doing the right thing at the right time, for the right reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Righteous, that is ...

Sincere, resulting from artistic motives. But it may not be the whole album, and some single or EP. On the other hand, we have the opportunity to play the most incredible music in history. How to break it? [Laughs] We'll see what the future will bring.

You say you have great relationships with Brian May and Roger Taylor. You are friends?

Definitely, we are really good with each other. We trust. You know, we've been working with each other for five years now, and we're not spending time on the stage, but also outside, on the road or eating out. We also meet off the road. Our team is like a family and I am very grateful for this friendship. Of course, Brian and Roger are my heroes and idols, rock'n'roll kings, so while staying with them, I'm always inspired. I learned a lot from them.

message 21: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Last part of Interview

What exactly?

Good question. I can hardly point out one thing, since there are so many. [Laughs] Sure enough they gave me a glimpse of music and approach to the fans. They just know what is the most important thing for them, what is the best way to play a song. I try to listen to it and absorb as much as possible.

Did you ever dream of Freddie Mercury? And if so, maybe you had an interesting conversation with him?

ADVERTISEMENT

I do not think I ever have a dream about Freddie ... I often feel that I am really lucky to be able to sing songs that he also wrote. Queen is a band that, over the years, still has a lot of people to say, so I thank the universe that I can sustain his musical life and give the world the torch he has held for so many years. I know that many things that this team did and that Freddie gave about life, love and the world, have a timeless and universal dimension.

Freddie Mercury loved life, music, his audience, and crazy parties. Actually it was hard to dislike him. Which of his attributes or attributes best suits you?

I also like to party! [Laughs] I often hear from Brian and Roger that I would probably agree with Freddie, because both of us have a good appetite. Personally, apart from the musical values ​​and unique voice, his humor is most appropriate. It is easy to spot them, watching interviews or even snippets of concerts showing his free and spontaneous behavior on stage. He was really very funny and proper he did what he wanted. He was a free man. I like this idea, being a hundred percent free.

message 22: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Oops there is more to this interview

What is your typical day? If you have any ...

I do not have a typical, but if it's free, I love walking in Los Angeles and having lunch and dinner with friends. And of course evening parties. When I'm not on the road or in the studio, I really have a very normal life. And then I get into a private jet with Brian and Roger and I'm entering a completely different world. But I love both parts of my life. I think balance is very important.

If you wrote the song "Adam Lambert", how would she sound?

I do not think I would be able to write such a thing. If it had already, it would have very diverse parties, sections and harmonies, because I do not think I would be one-sided or monotonous. She would be cheerful, then sad, next funny, then a little lazy, then fast, twisted and somewhat sentimental. And she would be very happy.

Is there something you regret?

Not very ... Maybe in twenty years, I'll come up with an idea that I can regret, but now ... Come on man! [laugh]

We talk shortly after the tragedy in Las Vegas, when the madman killed several dozen people participating in the concert from the hotel window. Attacks accompanying musical events happen unfortunately more and more often. How do you feel when you see such pictures - as an artist, but above all a man?

I feel terrible and I feel very sorry for the victims and their families. It's terrible to shoot people who come to the concert to be part of the audience, to sing with each other, to enjoy and enjoy the excitement. There are not as many beautiful pictures, and it is very bad that someone has turned it into such a tragedy. I like to think that there are many more good people in the world than the bad ones.

And is President Trump a good man or a bad guy?

Sorry, but I'm not going to answer the political questions in the Queen interview.

You have been talking openly about your homosexuality for years. Is your approach to sexual minorities becoming increasingly tolerant? On the contrary, with the development of extreme right-wing movements, it is definitely worse.

I believe this is changing positively, but I think we will really feel it in the next generation. At least I hope, especially when I look at young people and their openness to the world, not always obvious in older people.

message 23: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments And finally the end. Sorry it was so disjointed-I was copying from Google translate

Your third album "The Original High" was released two years ago. Apparently, the fourth one will be more experimental. What does it mean?

I do not know if the experimental term is the most accurate, but actually many of the songs sound different, with a slightly more alternative tone and a more extensive instrumental base ... I use a lot more guitars than my previous album. Over the years I've been working with music, with different people, and I have really great songs. The prospect of sharing them with the world is very exciting to me. Soon.

Do you feel you are developing?

I have no other choice. For me being an artist is a constant study and discovery of something new, a way to find new ways to say something that may have already been said or someone else said. Of course you can stick to one style and in many cases it works well, also from a business perspective - you have your brand, people like you know and recognize, there is nothing to change it. But I personally was always inspired by the artists who were moving forward, developing and continually doing something new.

Such as Freddie Mercury and the whole Queen.

I think so. You will look at their catalog, you will find that they always tried something new and inspired each style properly. They had heavier and more metal songs, and they were also pop songs. Their music was a place for jokes, mysterious and aggressive, for musicality, drama and theater, for sorrow and joy. They used different voices while retaining full credibility. That is why they were a fantastic team.

Which Queen song is the most difficult to sing?

I think it varies depending on the evening. "The Show Must Go On", "Who Wants to Live Forever", also very demanding, and "Another One Bites the Dust," by his aggressive vocal part that takes a lot of energy.

Do you have a favorite song?

I would not be able to choose one. I love them all!

Is there a chance in Lodz to present some less well known songs that even Queen with Freddie Mercury rarely played at concerts?

Are you wondering if there will be surprises? If I said, they would stop being them. [Laughs] Of course we will put on the biggest hits that we love to play, and the audience can not go without them, but I guarantee you that the concert will be different than the previous one. Not only because we like to change the order of songs or play a song differently or even find something less obvious. We put a lot of time and effort into making our concerts not only sound but also looking different - new visual elements such as lights, stage design, decorations will appear. Queen concerts are also a fresh and exciting experience for us.

message 26: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Krickette, I love how he gushes over Adam.

BTW--if you come upon the video of the interview with Adam I posted above please post it here. It is always better hearing him talk then just reading his words.

message 27: by Lorena (new)

Lorena Dorman | 3169 comments Sandy, I will if I see it.

message 28: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Sandy wrote: "Darn-from some interview Adam did recently that was translated. But why did Roger say they were?

.@AdamLambert denies the rumors that he's working on a new album with Queen:"We don't have such pla..."

Maybe they just recorded the closing song for Bo Rhap the Movie and not a cd?

message 29: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Got my Frank 6 pense coin today. Just beautiful

message 31: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Wish you could post a pic of your coin

message 32: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments http://www.queenonlinestore.com/*/*/2...
Looks exactly like this. The case is about an inch across. Frank smiled at me. He knows he's found a good home

message 33: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments My brain is gone, I see I already posted the link but don't remember doing it.

message 34: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments That's a really neat coin

message 35: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments This is the kind of stuff that irritates me-leaving QAL off this list

https://mobile.twitter.com/heretohear...

message 36: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Agree!!

message 37: by Louise (new)

Janice wrote: "http://www.queenonlinestore.com/*/*/2...
Looks exactly like this. The case is about an inch across. Frank smiled at me. He knows he's found a good ..."

Does Frank know you're married??

message 38: by Louise (new)

Pharoah checks into the Eber Inn for the duration of the QAL tour. Eber posts a pic to let us know the "Pharomaniac" has arrived.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNHFc4SUQ...
Remember to put a doggie treat on his pillow, Eber.

message 39: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Louise wrote: "Janice wrote: "http://www.queenonlinestore.com/*/*/2...
Looks exactly like this. The case is about an inch across. Frank smiled at me. He knows he'..."

Bri informed him at the mailbox. He's sitting besides the computer

message 40: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Louise wrote: "Pharoah checks into the Eber Inn for the duration of the QAL tour. Eber posts a pic to let us know the "Pharomaniac" has arrived.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNHFc4SUQ...
Remember to put a d..."

Bet he's wondering how long "Dad" will be gone this time

message 41: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments At least Pharaoh has a buddy to hang out with

message 42: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments And I'm sure Eber is good to him

message 43: by Louise (new)

This is not really a part of the QAL 2017 tour but it is an hour long special that will air on BBC4 on 11/3 and includes some footage of QAL past shows. According to stream information, you need Hola to be able to view the show, but I'm sure some Glambert will help us out with a youtube.
http://www.adamlambertmedia.com/index...

message 44: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Adam posted

From @adamlambert instagram

"So excited to reunite w these gents this next week! @QueenWillRock ! " instagram.com/p/Baw-PcJgLeU/

https://mobile.twitter.com/14gelly/st...

message 45: by Louise (new)

Very nice QAL UK 2017 poster - even Frank is included.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNMJVnGVw...

message 46: by Debi (new)

Debi (Debi4) | 30 comments Louise wrote: "Very nice QAL UK 2017 poster - even Frank is included.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNMJVnGVw..."

Love that poster. Maybe Frank can talk Adam into not shaving the sides of his head. Oh, well. Good thing he is beautiful.

message 47: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Louise wrote: "This is not really a part of the QAL 2017 tour but it is an hour long special that will air on BBC4 on 11/3 and includes some footage of QAL past shows. According to stream information, you need Ho..."

Fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for youtube or vimeo

message 48: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Louise wrote: "Very nice QAL UK 2017 poster - even Frank is included.

They should have added Frank's name to the list lol

message 49: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3503 comments Debi wrote: "Louise wrote: "Very nice QAL UK 2017 poster - even Frank is included.

Love that poster. Maybe Frank can talk Adam into not shaving the sides of his..."

Frank can pick Adam up and tell him not to ruin his beautiful hair - and no red or green coloring.

message 50: by Sandy (new)

Sandy A | 3133 comments Tweet--

INFO|Seems like #Queen and @AdamLambert started the rehearsals today for the EU/UK tour! instagram.com/p/Bayu-vKhDIm/ #QAL

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bayu-vKhDIm/

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12