Play Book Tag discussion

The Breakdown
This topic is about The Breakdown
Archive: Other Books > The Breakdown by BA Paris ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Oct 17, 2017 12:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1266 comments There's part of me that thinks this book could fit the Society tag because honestly what doesn't fit in the Society tag? But, I decided not to post it as such because I didn't want to defend my decision, lol.

I decided to read The Breakdown because I really enjoyed reading BA Paris’s first novel Behind Closed Doors (BCD). I’m glad picked this one up because I wasn’t disappointed. In fact, I was up until 1am just so I could finish reading it before I had to return the book to the library.

There are things that BCD did well that I missed in The Breakdown and things that were done much better in The Breakdown than in BCD. In my opinion, The Breakdown was much more believable than BCD, but I liked the protagonist in BCD better than I did in The Breakdown. I loved hating the antagonists in both books and thought they were both well written. I loved that even though you can guess what’s going on, Paris still keeps you guessing until the very end. Both books have their strengths and weaknesses, which I love because it means I’ll read whatever Paris publishes.

One of the things I’ve enjoyed about both of Paris’s books is watching the MC exact revenge on the antagonist. It’s all kinds of fun to read about!

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments I also found it really hard to NOT compare this and BCD to each other. Totally agree with this being way more believable. I felt like because of reading BHD the killer was REALLY obvious.

Glad you liked it! Happy we can share opinions about mystery-thrillers :)

message 3: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Oct 17, 2017 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1266 comments Joi wrote: "I also found it really hard to NOT compare this and BCD to each other. Totally agree with this being way more believable. I felt like because of reading BHD the killer was REALLY obvious.

Glad yo..."

I agree. I figured it had something to do with (view spoiler), so I still wasn't 100% sure until the very end.