News of the World - Gulf Coast Reads Discussion - 2017 discussion

News of the World
This topic is about News of the World
General Book Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deidre (new)

Deidre (dedradawn) | 12 comments Mod
Share a little about yourself! We know you're a reader. What do you enjoy reading?

Ramona (ramjag) | 5 comments I read "News of the World" some time ago, and I enjoyed it very much. I love books of the western time period, including those books on Quanah Parker. I just finished reading "The Dollhouse," by Fiona Davis, and am now reading "The Address" by Fiona Davis which is even better. I like mysteries and psychological thrillers such as "The Fixer" series by T.E. Woods (a woman author). In a different reading direction....loved "A Gentleman in Moscow." I enjoy reading reviews of others, and getting ideas and recommendations of favorite reads.

message 3: by Deidre (new)

Excellent! Good to hear from you, Ramona. If you ever need any new book ideas, you can ask the HCPL Bookhunters for tips. Link: http://www.hcpl.net/form/book-hunters...

I grew up near Fort Parker (Groesbeck, TX area), so I've been fascinated with Quanah Parker since childhood. There's a little museum in Groesbeck that has a display about him and his mother.

Ramona (ramjag) | 5 comments I LOVE the stories about Quanah and, of course, his mother who was kidnapped by the Indians. Thank you for the link. I live in Austin. :)

message 5: by Deidre (new)

Ramona, you may still be able to take advantage of our Bookhunters readers' advisory--even if you're outside Harris County. We'd love to help!

Ramona (ramjag) | 5 comments Deidre wrote: "Ramona, you may still be able to take advantage of our Bookhunters readers' advisory--even if you're outside Harris County. We'd love to help!"

Thank you. Deidre.

News of the World - Gulf Coast Reads Discussion...

unread topics | mark unread