The Post Card Exchange discussion

8/21/17 Total Eclipse postcards

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments I was fortunate to be in the path of totality for the solar eclipse on August 21st this year. It was amazing! I have 10 commemorative postcards to share if anyone would like. They are:
A second after totality, in color with the date - 2 postcards
The moment of totality in black and white, no date - 6 postcards
Seven views of eclipse, before and after (waxing and waning) including totality, in color, with date - 4 postcards.

Reply here with your choice of postcard and on private message with your address if you'd like to have one.

message 2: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 91 comments This is so cool and very kind of you! I would like the seven views postcard!

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments On its way!

message 4: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 91 comments Thanks again!

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarabasquez) | 64 comments I'd love a postcard the moment after totality in black and white! Thank you! How lucky for you that you got to see such a sight.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Sending today!

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany PSquared (tiffanypsquared) | 50 comments Carol wrote: "Sending today!"

Carol, if you have any more, I'd love to have one of whichever you'd like to send.

message 8: by Gala (new)

Gala (galaer) | 26 comments Carol, if you still have, I would love having one. Whichever you want!

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie (15angie27) | 98 comments Hey, if you have any left I would love to have one! Thanks so much :)

message 10: by The Book Granny (new)

The Book Granny (thebookgranny) | 30 comments Hi Carol, I would be interested in an eclipse card if you are still sending them. (Whichever one you would like.) Thanks so much this is very kind of you!

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 95 comments If you have any left I’d love a postcard. If possible a color one or a black & white one is ok if you don’t have any color left. I’ll send you one in return. Thanks!

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Tiffany and Bookdragon - sending yours this morning. Angie and Gala, please message your address to me and I will get right on it!

message 13: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany PSquared (tiffanypsquared) | 50 comments Carol wrote: "Tiffany and Bookdragon - sending yours this morning. Angie and Gala, please message your address to me and I will get right on it!"

Thank you!

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Megan wrote: "If you have any left I’d love a postcard. If possible a color one or a black & white one is ok if you don’t have any color left. I’ll send you one in return. Thanks!"
Hi Megan, I have at least one of each left; just message your address to me and it will be on its way!

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Gala wrote: "Carol, if you still have, I would love having one. Whichever you want!"

Sending this afternoon!

message 16: by Gala (new)

Gala (galaer) | 26 comments Thank you so much!!!

message 17: by The Book Granny (new)

The Book Granny (thebookgranny) | 30 comments Thanks so much, Carol!

message 18: by Alexandra Heep (new)

Alexandra Heep | 12 comments Hello! I just found this group and this topic. I was 4 hours from the path of totality, but did not have the glasses. We were supposed to have them, but it fell through ... long story.
Anyway, if you still have any cards, I would love one.

My first choice would be seven views color, but I am not picky!
Thanks!
Alexandra

message 19: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Going out tomorrow!

message 20: by Alexandra Heep (new)

Alexandra Heep | 12 comments Carol wrote: "Going out tomorrow!"
Thank you!

message 21: by Angie (new)

Angie (15angie27) | 98 comments Hey Carol,

Thank you so much for the postcard! It just arrived today and the experience sounds amazing.

Angie

message 22: by Gala (new)

Gala (galaer) | 26 comments Hi Carol!

I've just got the postcard. Thank you so much! It's gorgeous! And the experience sounds truly amazing. I always loved astronomy, and this is something I want to see someday. I hope that I'll have the opportunity to see something like that one day.

Again, thank you so much!

Gala

message 23: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Angie wrote: "Hey Carol,

Thank you so much for the postcard! It just arrived today and the experience sounds amazing.

Angie"

Thanks, Angie!

message 24: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Gala wrote: "Hi Carol!

I've just got the postcard. Thank you so much! It's gorgeous! And the experience sounds truly amazing. I always loved astronomy, and this is something I want to see someday. I hope that..."

So glad you liked it!

message 25: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany PSquared (tiffanypsquared) | 50 comments Carol, thank you for the gorgeous postcard! I really enjoyed reading about your eclipse experience. It makes me excited for the next one, which I will travel to take my daughter to see (the totality event).
Thank you again for the nice postcard! ☺

message 26: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments So happy you liked it, and I might see you in 2024!

message 27: by ♥Nica♥ (new)

♥Nica♥ (nicanicanica) | 62 comments Hi Carol! I haven't witnessed the recent eclipse so I would be grateful if you could spare me a postcard, preferably the seven views one or anything! ^__^

message 28: by Alexandra Heep (new)

Alexandra Heep | 12 comments Hello Carol, I received the card today, thanks so much. It had the wrong P.O. Box number on it (one digit was wrong), but it still got delivered. I did see the partial one here in IL, but without the glasses. It was nothing like what you described though!

message 29: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Alexandra

message 30: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Oops, anyway, I was going to say I have a problem with numbers.

message 31: by Alexandra Heep (new)

Alexandra Heep | 12 comments It's all good. Can I send you something in return?

message 32: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Alexandra wrote: "It's all good. Can I send you something in return?"
Of course! I love getting surprise mail!! (My address should be on the card; if not, let me know and I will message you.)

message 33: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments ♥Nica♥ wrote: "Hi Carol! I haven't witnessed the recent eclipse so I would be grateful if you could spare me a postcard, preferably the seven views one or anything! ^__^"

Hi Nica, Yes, I have one postcard left, and it's the 7 views. Message me your address, and I will send it.

message 34: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments All eclipse postcards have been sent out, none left. Thank you all for your interest!

message 35: by The Book Granny (last edited Oct 28, 2017 07:43AM) (new)

The Book Granny (thebookgranny) | 30 comments I just picked up my post card, Carol. Thanks so much! It sounds like it was a wonderful experience. I think i will grab a seat for 2024! Over the next week or two, I also plan on sending a return card. :)

message 36: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol_humboldt) | 90 comments Thanks, it was all that and more!