What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/young adult fiction, Her mother just died and she's placed in foster care. She draws and tries to capture her mother's face but she can't. There's a tornado and her foster mom takes her to the shelter

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Sundberg | 3 comments I'm looking for a book, It's about this girl. Her mother just died and she's placed in foster care. She draws and tries to capture her mother's face but she can't. There's a tornado and her foster mom takes her to the shelter and starts freaking out because she hates storms and the girl has to pull her through it. The foster mom ends up adopting he

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments How many years ago did you read this book?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?
Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Sundberg | 3 comments I read the book about ten years ago, I am unsure if it was part of a series. I seem to remember it being in the 1990's, it takes place in Oklahoma.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments Doesn't quite fit, but Runaway Runaway by Wendelin Van Draanen ?

Did the story focus more on the girl's relationship with her foster mother? Or, the leading up to events leading up to the girl entering the foster home?

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Sundberg | 3 comments Tab wrote: "Doesn't quite fit, but RunawayRunaway by Wendelin Van Draanen ?

Did the story focus more on the girl's relationship with her foster mother? Or, the leading up to events leading up to the..."

It focus's more on the girls relationship with her foster mother. I remember that she didn't like her at first and then when they are down in the shelter they become closer and come to an understanding of some sorts.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Amanda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?