Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

2018 Plans > Debra's Hopeful Plan 2018

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (last edited Nov 30, 2018 10:21AM) (new)

Debra Barstad 1. A book with the letters A, T & Y in the title-You Are So Undead to Me
2. A book from the first 10 books added to your To Be Read list - The Sending
3. A book from the 2017 Goodreads Choice Awards (link)- The Boy on the Bridge
4. 4 books linked by the 4 elements: Book #1 Earth (in title, cover, content, setting, author...)- Earthwalker: The Seduction of Decklan Holmes
5. A book about or inspired by real eventsIncidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
6. A book originally written in a language other than English- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
7. A gothic novel- The Short Life of Sparrows
8. An "own voices" book*- 4 Years Trapped in My Mind Palace
9. A book with a body part in the title (heart, bones, teeth, skin, blood, etc)- Blood on White Wicker
10. An author's debut book (their first book to be published)- Dying To Forget
11. A literary fiction - A Man Called Ove
12. A book set in Africa or South America opted wild card went with mod rated 5 stars picked Laura reading Nineteen Minutes
13. A book with a plot centered around a secret (forbidden love, spies, secret societies, etc) - Regulation 19
14. 4 books linked by the 4 elements: Book #2 Fire - Little Fires Everywhere
15. A book with an unique format/writing structure - The Princess Bride
16. A narrative nonfiction - Columbine
17. A book you expect to make you laugh - Club Dead
18. A book with a location in the title - Stillhouse Lake
19. A book nominated for the Edgar Award or by a Grand master author (books & authors) -Cop Town
20. A book rated 5 stars by at least one of your friends- E is for Evidence
21. A book written in first person perspective - Catching Fire
22. A book you have high expectations or hope for- Sleeping Beauties
23. A medical or legal thriller - Imperfect Justice
24. A book with a map - Treasure Island
25. A book with an antagonist/villain point of view - I Am Not A Serial Killer
26. A book with a text only cover - Me Before You

27. A book about surviving a hardship (war, famine, major disasters, serious illness, etc) - Outside
28. 4 books linked by the 4 elements: Book #3 Water -Water Under the Bridge
29. A book with a "Clue" weapon on the cover or title (lead pipe, revolver, rope, candlestick, dagger, wrench) - Claudia Must Die
30. A short book - Ashes
31. A book set in a country you'd like to visit but have never been to- Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer
32. An alternate history book - The Stand
33. A book connected (title, cover, content) to a word "born" in the same year as you (link)- Female Serial Killers: How and Why Women Become Monsters
34. A suggestion from the AtY 2018 polls, that didn't win but was polarizing or a close-call (link) (true crime) - Ted and Ann: The Mystery of a Missing Child and Her Neighbor Ted Bundy
35. A book featuring a murder - TED BUNDY- They Could Only Kill Him Once
36. A book published in the last 3 years (2016, 2017, 2018) by an author you haven't read before - The Fix
37. A Women's Prize for Fiction winner or nominee (link1, link2) -We Need to Talk About Kevin
38. A science book or a science fiction book - Ready Player One
39. A book with a form of punctuation in the title -Dixie's Last Stand: Was It Murder or Self-Defense?
40. A book from Amazon's 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime list (link) - Lolita
41. A book by an author with the same first and last initials -Wickedly They Come
42. A book that takes place on, in, or underwater-Thaw
43. A book with a title that is a whole sentence -The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare
44. A ghost story-The Haunting of Rachel Harroway, Book 1
45. A book that intimidates/ scares you -A Head Full of Ghosts
46. 4 books linked by the 4 elements: Book #4 Air - Dead Air
47. A book where the main character (or author) is of a different ethnic origin, religion, or sexual identity than your own -Storm Born
48. A book related to one of the 7 deadly sins (pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, sloth)- Trail of Greed: Fighting Fraud and Corruption... A Dangerous Game
49. A book from one of the Goodreads Best Books of the Month lists (link)- Small Great Things
50. A book with a warm atmosphere (centered on family, friendship, love or summer) - Carrots
51. An award-winning short story or short story collection -Finding Cinderella
52. A book published in 2018A Murderer's Music Box

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Audiogirl.booking.it (audiogirlbookingit) | 488 comments I really enjoyed Man called Ove and Me before you!!! I am in the minority opinion for ready player one --- I really didn't like it hopefully ur in the majority.

message 3: by Debra (new)

Debra Barstad Kelly wrote: "I really enjoyed Man called Ove and Me before you!!! I am in the minority opinion for ready player one --- I really didn't like it hopefully ur in the majority."

my son really liked it told me I needed to read it so I will lol

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) You and your murder books 😂