What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Illicit Magic (Stella Mayweather, #1)
This topic is about Illicit Magic
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Paranormal romance series with half demon. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 37 comments In the past 3/4 years I read this book.

The main male character is a dæmon (half demon) who sometimes works to help others. A female us rescued during an attack on her apartment. She has no family. The dæmon takes her to a safe house where she learns she has powers and (I think) will fulfill a prophecy. These two characters fall in love. There is more than one book. At the end of the first book, there is a battle and the dæmon ends up leaving the female. Because she believes he is never coming back, she moves to a rural community and ends up living across the street from wolf shifters/werewolves siblings. She becomes best friend with the sister and dates the brother. The brother is the alpha of his pack. The dæmon does come back and the main female gets back with him. Somewhere in the story, the female is contacted by a younger (possibly teenage) girl asking for protection.

Random stuff I remember:
There is a book of shadows that the bad guys are after.
The dæmon can transport by (I think ) shimmering.
The female ends up being very powerful and saves everyone.
The female is able to place protection magic around her home which causes it to be difficult for the dæmon to find her after the battle, which is why it takes him so long to get back to her.

The characters in the book are adults. I think it takes place in Britian - at least I think that is where it begins.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Himani, go up to the description of this group and what/how to act. Between #4 and #5 of what to do is a link that says, Click this link to CREATE A NEW BOOK REQUEST. Then click the link.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Kristy, perhaps one of Kelley Armstrong's books. She has written many books about otherworld characters -- half-daemons, different paranormal powers, etc.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35769 comments Mod
Kristy, what's the location - country, region, big city/small town - or is it a fantasy world?

Who does the daemon help and how?

Is the heroine considered a witch?

Any vampires, fae/fairies, dragons or other fantastical creatures?

message 5: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 37 comments The location is the US. They travel all over. I know the first scene with the girl is in Britain. The main female character is not a witch. I want to say she is called something else. There are many supernatural creatures in the book.

message 6: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 37 comments When the female is rescued, she is taken to a safe house like home where she learns to use her powers. The dæmon is her tutor and that is strange to the others in the house because he never wants to work with the new residents of the house.

message 7: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 37 comments Solved! It's the Stella Mayweather series by Camilla Chafer.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35769 comments Mod
Glad you found your book series, Kristy. Here's the link for the Stella Mayweather series by Camilla Chafer - https://www.goodreads.com/series/6513...