What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mystery (Ghost Story?/Dark Comedy?/Cozy Series?): Two Male Detectives, Possibly Bumbling. They both die at the end.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noël (new)

Noël Rippe-Cermak | 6 comments I recall coming across a book late last year or early this year that I believe was a mystery, possibly a dark comedy, possibly part of a series (which will sound confusing in a moment)... It involves two male detectives that are friends, possibly retired policemen, possibly bumbling. I believe both of main characters die at some point - they may both be ghosts. I recall the synopsis treating the fact of their deaths with humor.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Moving to Unsolved. Where and when is it set? Author female or male:

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments Do you remember how they die?
Anything about the cover?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 4: by M (new)

M | 6 comments Was it the Bryant and May series?

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33236 comments Mod
Bryant and May series by Christopher Fowler - https://www.goodreads.com/series/6101... - M's suggestion

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Noël, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Noël (new)

Noël Rippe-Cermak | 6 comments Thank you for the suggestions! Yes, possibly still looking; I am trying to get my hands on a copy of the first book in the Bryant and May series to determine if we're a match. I will be sure to update once I know for sure, but this is sounding very promising so far.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33236 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Full Dark House by Christopher Fowler - M's suggestion:

https://www.google.com/books/edition/... There are different cover images.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Full Dark House (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christopher Fowler (other topics)