Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Book Pool: November 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Dec 15, 2017 08:11PM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Ready for the Book Pool?

If you've never played, here are the rules:

1. When you sign up pick 3 books you want to be included in the "book pool."

2. You can pick any book as long as they are YA and have been released before the challenge has started. No duplicates please.

3. Once the challenge starts you will read books from the "pool."

4. At the end of the month whoever read the most books from the pool is the champion of that month!

Have fun!

The challenge begins on November 1st.
To claim points, please don't finish your books from the pool until then!

You can sign up and add books until October 31th.
After November 1st, you can join right in by claiming points - just don't add books to the pool, and let me know that you're joining if you aren't on the list yet!

message 2: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Dec 02, 2017 12:45AM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Players:

1.) Michelle- 1
2.) Abbigail-
3.) Circe-
4.) Vicki-
5.) Jess- 7
6.) Keihi- 7
7.) Katriann- 2
8.) Krista- 1
9.) Kikijanika- 2
10.) Allison- 2
11.) ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω- 3
12.) Colleen- 1
13.) Marisela-
14.) Lesa- 3
15.) Sophie- 1
16.) Jocelyn Shackelford-
17.) Emily-
18.) Aimee- 4
19.) Brooke- 1
20.) Ilona-
21.) Jennifer-
22.) M.F.-
23.) Heather-
24.) None-
25.) Kati- 1
26.) Robert-
27.) CrazyAsACupcake- 3
28.) Praniti-
29.) Grace- 2
30.) • anna •-
31.) Aino-

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

message 7: by Jess (last edited Oct 31, 2017 03:30AM) (new)

message 8: by Keihi (last edited Oct 28, 2017 04:39AM) (new)

message 9: by Katriann (new)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2185 comments I'm in.

Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken The Jewel (The Lone City, #1) by Amy Ewing Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow, #1) by Danielle Paige

message 10: by Krista (last edited Oct 20, 2017 06:35PM) (new)

message 13: by ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω (last edited Oct 18, 2017 03:18PM) (new)

message 15: by Marisela (new)

Marisela (mariselaa) | 6 comments Reserved

message 16: by Lesa (last edited Oct 30, 2017 04:52PM) (new)

message 17: by Sophie (last edited Oct 18, 2017 01:33PM) (new)

message 18: by Jocelyn Shackelford (last edited Oct 19, 2017 05:19PM) (new)

message 19: by Emily (new)

message 20: by Aimee (new)

message 22: by Brooke (new)

message 23: by Ilona (last edited Oct 23, 2017 03:45PM) (new)

message 24: by Jennifer (last edited Oct 29, 2017 09:24PM) (new)

message 25: by M.F. (last edited Oct 26, 2017 10:16AM) (new)

M.F. Lorson | 7 comments I'm in!
The Hunter's Daughter by M.F. Lorson All The Things We Lost (River Valley Lost & Found, #1) by Kayla Tirrell
I Dream of Fire by Daphne James Huff

message 26: by Vicki (last edited Oct 25, 2017 08:34PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sempre (Sempre, #1) by J.M. Darhower Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard

I already signed up and reserved a space, but I thought it might be missed so here are my 3 choices.

message 27: by Heather (new)

Heather McCaskie (heatheremm) | 6 comments Im in! Truth Commission, The by Susan Juby Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 28: by M.F. (new)

M.F. Lorson | 7 comments How do you get the pictures to show? :(

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments M.F. wrote: "How do you get the pictures to show? :("

Above the box where you post is "add book/author." Just click that, type the name of the book, and at the bottom click cover. If you just want the title to show, click link.

message 30: by M.F. (new)

M.F. Lorson | 7 comments Yay! Thank you

message 31: by None (new)

None (cyn80899) | 11 comments I'm in! Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2) by Marie Lu

message 32: by Kati (new)

Kati | 170 comments I'm in!

Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1) by Julie C. Dao Charming (Pax Arcana, #1) by Elliott James Lucky in Love by Kasie West

message 33: by Robert (new)

Robert Deason | 3 comments I'm in. Super Shy by Robert Deason What the Fire Wanted (Super Shy Book 2) by Robert Deason Last Stand at Luna (Super Shy Book 3) by Robert Deason

message 34: by CrazyAsACupcake (last edited Oct 30, 2017 05:15AM) (new)

CrazyAsACupcake | 199 comments Im in!

A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2) by Becky Chambers
Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

message 35: by Praniti (new)

Praniti (85pa01) | 15 comments Count me in!

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas
The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas

message 36: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracielue) | 155 comments I'm in!
The Gender Lie (The Gender Game, #3) by Bella Forrest Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore

message 37: by anna (last edited Oct 30, 2017 04:39PM) (new)

anna (aelynd) | 11 comments I'm in!
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera

message 38: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 293 comments Mines at the top I added my books in. I had reserve at first just letting you know @Anna adventure with booknerd

message 39: by Jess (last edited Oct 31, 2017 03:31AM) (new)

Jess I reserved my spot a couple of weeks ago and just edited with my selections:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 40: by Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) (last edited Nov 01, 2017 03:10AM) (new)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 281 comments I reserved a spot earlier but haven't had a chance to get together books. Hopefully I can still add books.

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven Carry On by Rainbow Rowell Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor

If it's too late I would still like to participate! :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Ilona wrote: "The Last Magician by Lisa MaxwellJane, Unlimited by Kristin CashoreAn Unkindness of Magicians by Kat Howard"

Hi Ilona! An Unkindness of Magicians is shelved under Adult, could you give me another book to add to the pool?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Kati wrote: "I'm in!

Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1) by Julie C. Dao Charming (Pax Arcana, #1) by Elliott James Lucky in Love by Kasie West"

Hi Kati! Charming is shelved under Adult, you you choose another book for the pool?

message 43: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 293 comments @anna can you add mines in I have them up top. It was set as reserve but I filled it in with my picks.
A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer and Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) CrazyAsACupcake wrote: "Im in!

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera"

Hi CrazyAsACupcake! A Closed and Common Orbit is shelved under Adult, could I get another book to add to the pool?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Aino wrote: "Is there still time to sign up? Because I would love to participate! This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo"

Hi Aino! Six of Crows is already in the pool, could you give me another one?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) This month's pool looks amazing guys! Alright everyone, it's time to tell you how to claim your points! Please remember that only books read or finished on/after November 1, 2017 can count for points. After you finish reading your book, you will need to leave a comment claiming your points. In your comment, please have your number (see comment #2, and please, please, PLEASE use the correct number, it will make it SO much easier for me when counting points), the book you read (please use the add book/author button), the date you finished it, your rating, and the number of books that you've read from the pool.

Format for posting:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Read: 11/18/17
Rating: 4 Stars

Books Read: 5

Want to join in on the fun, but didn't sign up before the challenge started? You can still join! Go ahead and start reading books from the pool, and let me know that you need to be added to the list when you claim points. Have fun everybody! :)

message 47: by CrazyAsACupcake (new)

CrazyAsACupcake | 199 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "CrazyAsACupcake wrote: "Im in!

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera"

Hi CrazyAsACupcake! A Closed and Common ..."

Sure!

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 48: by Ilona (new)

Ilona (Ilona-s) | 213 comments I am sorry, I was so sure than the author wrote another YA book.

This is my replacement.

Attack of the Fiend (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #4) by Joseph Delaney

message 49: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 293 comments The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas

Read: 11/2/17
Rating: 3.5 stars

Books read: 1

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω | 787 comments Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu

Read: 11/3/17
Rating: 2 stars

Books Read: 1

« previous 1