Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Take a Look, Find a Book! > Help Me Find This Book!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6903 comments Ever have a book in mind that you'd like to reread or recommend to someone, but just can't remember the title and/or author? I know I do it all the time. =P If you do too, here's a place to come and ask for help! Just tell us as much as you can about the book (without giving away major spoilers in case someone else decides they want to read it), and hopefully some of our wonderful members will be able to help you find what you're looking for. Good luck!

message 2: by Sonia189 (new)

Sonia189 | 11 comments Hello everyone.

I've been looking for a book for some time. I first knew about it in the Smart Bitches site, when someone also asked for help to find a book but had just a few clues to start with. The description was good enough to make me want to read it too.
I've asked a friend to post this in another group but so far, no luck. Here is the description given, if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

"The hero and heroine are very much in love and are engaged to be married. The hero is a very wealthy and powerful duke. The heroine gets raped by a man who hates the duke and gets pregnant from the rape. She doesn’t want the hero to find out, as she is so ashamed and breaks off the engagement. Her family knows about the rape and blames her for it. She is thrown out of her family home and is disowned. She is financially ruined and lives in poverty. An elderly couple take her in and she works in a shop. She lives above the shop with her little daughter. Years later, the hero sees her on the streets of London looking very thin and poor and follows her to the shop. He never stopped loving her."

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments Good luck finding the book Sonia, I'm sorry, but I can't help.

message 4: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6903 comments Sorry I can't help either Sonia, but I can see why it would grab your attention! I hope someone else recognizes it for you!

message 5: by Moomba (new)

Moomba | 254 comments Hi Sonia, have you tried this group
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 6: by Sonia189 (new)

Sonia189 | 11 comments Well, thank you for the encouragement! I just got really curious about that possible story.

Moomba, yes, I have a friend member of that group who asked, and so far, nothing.

message 7: by Myriam (new)

Myriam | 3 comments If anybody knows the title and author of this novel please help me . I’m not sure if it’s a Harlequin but I know it’s vintage. It’s about a girl ( forgot her name) that falls in love with a doctor. She loses her virginity to him but she holds a secret and leaves him. The secret is that she has the haemophelia gene and she left the doctor in fear knowing that he would want children someday. I’ve been trying to find this book to no avail. Please help!!!!!

message 8: by earl grey (new)

earl grey (earlgrey68) Hello! Can anyone help me find a book similar to a Star Wars kind of romance? It sort of falls under the forbidden romance trope but with a mix of an alpha male trope. I tried searching here on bookreads but I unfortunately only encounter bdsm books (which I’m totally not into)

message 9: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments cursedtea wrote: "Hello! Can anyone help me find a book similar to a Star Wars kind of romance? It sort of falls under the forbidden romance trope but with a mix of an alpha male trope. I tried searching here on boo..."

Sorry, I can't help you - good luck though!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone,
I know this is a long shot but I read a library book years ago but the library has now closed down. Basically the story goes, A woman (who thinks she's 'normal, and living a normal life) loses her husband and then she sees a man watching her at her husbands funeral. She discovers she is part of an underground colony who are training for an upcoming war involving Werewolves and I think Vampires. She is destined to be with the man who was watching her at her husbands funeral and starts to develop feelings for him while he trains her. Then she gets kidnapped and he has to rescue her. Any ideas?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

cursedtea wrote: "Hello! Can anyone help me find a book similar to a Star Wars kind of romance? It sort of falls under the forbidden romance trope but with a mix of an alpha male trope. I tried searching here on boo..."

I've read a simular sounding book by an Author called Felicity Heaton. Try searching for her. I think it was called Daughters of Lyra

message 12: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments Sorry Anne, I'm not at familiar with anything like that. Good luck finding it though!

message 13: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19618 comments cursedtea wrote: "Hello! Can anyone help me find a book similar to a Star Wars kind of romance? It sort of falls under the forbidden romance trope but with a mix of an alpha male trope. I tried searching here on boo..."

Hi cursedtea. Not sure if you are looking for a specific book, but check out the work from Linnea Sinclair. She does Scifi romances...

Linnea Sinclair

message 14: by P. (new)

P. C. | 1 comments I am looking for a book - I don't remember title or author.

The story is about two (or more) young adolescents and is set in/around London in the 1960s. The story opens with one friend stealing a lottery ticket from another. The author, I think, is a contemporary of Martin Amis.

There is a second book also. It is about a lonely (catholic?) spinster. She grew up in an orphanage and was never adopted. She remembers, with unforgiving hatred, the (sister?) in-charge who discouraged a couple who were about to adopt her by telling them she is a bed-wetter. I thought it might be "The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearn" or something by William Trevor but I have had no luck. Hope someone can help.

message 15: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments I'm sorry, I can't help you P. - I hope someone can!

message 16: by Saleha (new)

Saleha (salehashahid1gmailcom) | 3 comments Hi. I’m looking for this book I read but can’t remember the name of. I don’t remember much about it but what I do remember could be a spoiler so I’m sorry about that. The hero is trapped by an ex-lover/ex-wife by her getting pregnant and is now a single father. He falls in love with the heroine and the heroine later gets pregnant. When she tells him about it, he accuses her of trapping him and walks away. The heroine then sits on the floor of her house in shock and is found by her brother and sister in law while her house is on fire. This is all I can remember. Please help!

message 17: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19618 comments Saleha wrote: "Hi. I’m looking for this book I read but can’t remember the name of. I don’t remember much about it but what I do remember could be a spoiler so I’m sorry about that. The hero is trapped by an ex-l..."

Sorry - I can't help you. Fingers crossed someone can!

message 18: by Calila (last edited Mar 19, 2020 10:09PM) (new)

Calila | 2744 comments So I figure this is a long shot but it's driving me batty and I need help finding a book. I read this about *mumblesfifteenmumbles* years ago, or so...I'm not sure exactly. I'm not sure when the book was published but the cover I remember looked like a "classic" romance novel, i.e. what you picture in your mind of 80s/90s romance. I remember the title of the book, I think, unless I'm very much mistaken it's called Jasmine, but I can't remember the author and I looked through all the pages the GR search turned up.

So it starts in the US South, Jasmine lives on a plantation, she's in love with the boy on the next plantation, but her mother is obsessed with returning to France and launching her daughter in the Royal Court. She takes Jasmine away to France, marries her off to an old count or something or other, he dies, Jasmine is widowed at 18 or so and goes to the Court where she manages to charm the King. Don't ask me which one...I can't remember. But he finds her charming, and she becomes his mistress and is there for a bit. Somehow she comes across her first love, they reunite and she returns home with the King's blessing. Oh! There's a lot of focus on the scent of Jasmine (surprise!) and that being the only scent she wears. I think it's part of why the King falls for her.

It's really driving me crazy that I know all this and still can't find any trace of the book. If this sounds familiar to anyone and you know the author, please tell me! Thanks y'all!

message 19: by Chris (new)

Chris Labib | 485 comments cursedtea wrote: "Hello! Can anyone help me find a book similar to a Star Wars kind of romance? It sort of falls under the forbidden romance trope but with a mix of an alpha male trope. I tried searching here on boo..."

So this may or may not be something you'd be interested in, but I thought I'd pass it along, just in case!

The "Consortium Rebellion" series, Polaris Rising, Aurora Blazing, and (to be published) Chaos Reigning by Jessie Mihalik is set in space, has forbidden romances (each book features a different sister), and alpha males. No BDSM, but it's definitely on the more steamier side of things.

I think even in my review of "Polaris Rising" I compared it to Star Wars. If you end up reading it, let me know what you think! 💖

message 20: by Chris (new)

Chris Labib | 485 comments Calila wrote: "So I figure this is a long shot but it's driving me batty and I need help finding a book. I read this about *mumblesfifteenmumbles* years ago, or so...I'm not sure exactly. I'm not sure when the bo..."

Hello, Calila,

This isn't an exact match, but have you checked out Bertrice Small's books? She writes a lot of historical romances where the h goes into royal courts and seduces royalty (princes and kings). She does have two books that tell of a h named "Jasmine," but it doesn't look like it starts out on a Southern plantation, though she does get married and is widowed at a young age and there is a reuniting of past love in the second book? Wild Jasmine & Darling Jasmine.

Sorry I can't be of any further help!

message 21: by Calila (new)

Calila | 2744 comments Chris wrote: "Calila wrote: "So I figure this is a long shot but it's driving me batty and I need help finding a book. I read this about *mumblesfifteenmumbles* years ago, or so...I'm not sure exactly. I'm not s..."

Thanks so much for looking and trying to help! Those weren't the book I was looking for but I appreciate it!

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Hi y'all!

I'm looking for a book. This will have spoilers. Historical Regency. A woman is the daughter of a famous author but it's later found out that she is the author of the novels. I can't think of anything else :( but I hope you all can help.

Laura..devouring books like crumpets (lauzacookie) | 963 comments I need to find a book with 4 brothers they dont need to be main characters... but it needs to be four brothers... any help would be great!

I will take all suggestions but i do love my paranormal reads

message 24: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments Nora Robert's Chesapeake Series 1-4 has four brothers. They aren't biological brothers if that makes a difference.

message 25: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 769 comments Amanda wrote: "Hi y'all!

I'm looking for a book. This will have spoilers. Historical Regency. A woman is the daughter of a famous author but it's later found out that she is the author of the novels. I can't th..."

Are you thinking of Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare?

message 26: by Renee (last edited Jun 01, 2020 09:46AM) (new)

Renee Hi, I saw a book a few months ago but I didn't buy it. Now I can't find it.

It was categorized as a Christian romance at the bookstore. It was about two single parents who met on a app (I think) and started seeing eachother while omitting the fact that they each have 3-4 children.

I tried scourging goodread relevant list but didn't find anything. Thank you in advance.

message 27: by Renee (new)

Renee Calila wrote: "So I figure this is a long shot but it's driving me batty and I need help finding a book. I read this about *mumblesfifteenmumbles* years ago, or so...I'm not sure exactly. I'm not sure when the bo..."
Would it be A Tapestry of Hope by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller?

message 28: by Arriane (new)

Arriane (badong) | 4 comments hello! I'm looking for a book i can't remember. the only scene i remember was the hero had the heroine on his lap for a spank. i know it's more of a contemporary romance and not erotica. i also think the setting is a small town in the US, and the either the hero o heroin owns a farm or something. i initially thought it was on of A Destiny Novels of Toni Blake or even Talk Me Down of Victoria Dahl coz i keep thinking the guy is a cop. tried searching through my READ list but still can't figure out this book.

message 29: by Ju (new)

Ju | 5 comments Hello, I do not remember the title of a book. it is a woman who meets a caveman on an island who decides that she is his companion

message 30: by Aiswrya (new)

Aiswrya | 1660 comments I've been trying to find this RH series I read a few years ago, but can't remember the title/ author/ series name/ character names! Literally nothing LOL

It's a RH fantasy with one girl and 4 guys - one of the guys is an angel, the other a witch I can't remember what everyone else was! I want to say one of the guys was named Atti(cus) but my brain might be playing tricks on me here! I'm 90% sure there were 4 books in the series. I think there is a war in the last book and the girl ends up becoming the queen/ leader or something like that.

There isn't much to go on, BUT PLEASE HELP!! I really, really want to read it again. These are the times I wish I had joined GR much earlier than I did LOL

message 31: by Aiswrya (new)

Aiswrya | 1660 comments Aiswrya wrote: "I've been trying to find this RH series I read a few years ago, but can't remember the title/ author/ series name/ character names! Literally nothing LOL

It's a RH fantasy with one girl and 4 guys..."

Found it! Winter's Guardian

Thanks again Tonya!

message 32: by Tonya (new)

Tonya (tpinks315) | 35 comments Aiswrya wrote: "Aiswrya wrote: "I've been trying to find this RH series I read a few years ago, but can't remember the title/ author/ series name/ character names! Literally nothing LOL

It's a RH fantasy with one..."

You're welcome!!! It's also been added to my TBR list! =D

message 33: by Nikitha (new)

Nikitha | 500 comments Hi guys! I've been racking my brain, trying to find two books for a while when I came across this discussion. If any of you could help me out, it would be great! But I barely remember any details from both so I think I'm mostly just grasping at straws :/

Book 1- It's a romance about this guy who is in a band but then he gets this girl pregnant and she may have been someone he already knows. Anyway, she joins him on tour because he doesn't want to miss out on the pregnancy and that's all I can remember. It may have been a part of a series

Book 2- This is the one I want to find more. Its another romance about this guy who has a mix up at a sperm clinic (either he changed his mind after donating and the clinic screwed up or it was an accident, I'm not sure) and this woman ends up getting pregnant. He goes to meet this woman after he finds out and sticks around for the pregnancy even though he is in love with who I think is his brother's fiance (whose name might be Molly). The kid's name is Ryan (I think) and that's about all I remember.

I know its all super vague but I'd appreciate any help so I don't lose my mind. Thanks!

message 34: by Aiswrya (new)

Aiswrya | 1660 comments Nikitha wrote: "Hi guys! I've been racking my brain, trying to find two books for a while when I came across this discussion. If any of you could help me out, it would be great! But I barely remember any details f..."

Neither sounds familiar but I hope you find them. Please let me know when you do! I definitely want to read them haha

message 35: by Nikitha (new)

Nikitha | 500 comments Sure xD thanks anyway!

message 36: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 165 comments nikitha Book1 is Maisey Yates Unexpected Book 1 from Silver Creek series.

message 37: by Nikitha (new)

Nikitha | 500 comments Hey Leena! I came across that one while I was searching but unfortunately it's not the one I'm looking for :( Thanks anyway!

message 38: by Nikitha (new)

Nikitha | 500 comments I remember a few more details about Book 2- the first time the guy goes to see the girl, she's at a birthday party for her friend's kid and they find the guy creepy because he keeps staring at them.
Hope this helps!

message 39: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 165 comments 2nd book comes a complete blank.

message 40: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 165 comments but I'm surely reading Unexpected bby Msiseu Yates. Will fulfill my August Literary reading challenge :)

message 41: by Nikitha (new)

Nikitha | 500 comments Haha enjoy!

message 42: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 165 comments guess what Nikitha ...
I finished reading it and t wasn't so great.

message 43: by Nikitha (new)

Nikitha | 500 comments Oh no! I'm glad that it wasn't the one I was looking for then

message 44: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10999 comments Nikitha, I came across this list- maybe it will help :)

Sperm bank Pregnant Baby Books

message 45: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 165 comments hey Fran went through the list but none of the books match and further more except for 1 none of the others have anything to do with sperm bank. :)

message 46: by Nikitha (new)

Nikitha | 500 comments Hey Fran! I went through the list and I couldn't find the book but I added a few of them to my list so thanks for that :)

message 47: by Ericha (new)

Ericha | 3 comments So I know this is probably a long shot but I am going crazy trying to figure out how to find this book. It may have been one of those Facebook ads for reading apps but I checked my recent ad activity and can’t find it. Here is what I remember:

girl is in high school. It starts out with her and a friend leaving school for the day and the friend asks for a ride home. The heroine is rich and has a driver pick her up from school so she gives her friend a ride. The friend gave her number out to a boy in school and she blocks him because she isn’t interested. She has a guardian who isn’t related to her who is a ceo and super rich. She is in love with him but doesn’t know how to tell him. He is in his 20’s I think. I remember he isn’t home a lot and travels for business. When she gets home he is standing in the living room watching the s&p and Dow Jones on tv. That’s all I remember as that’s as far as I got in the book.

message 48: by Nikitha (new)

Nikitha | 500 comments Sorry Ericha, never read anything like this! Hope you find it though

message 49: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 165 comments hey Ericha : I do believe it's a Facebook ad coz I remember reading the synopsis too. There was another one about a marriage of convenience that was being advertised too. But its strange : I haven't seen these ads for some time now

message 50: by Ericha (new)

Ericha | 3 comments Thanks Leena! I thought maybe I dreamed the whole thing lol. At least I’m not crazy. I’ll keep searching.

« previous 1