Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Cabin Pressure Help

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 4 comments I came across the BBC's Cabin Pressure series on Audible but am finding records on Goodreads to be confusing.

John Finnemore is the writer of this series but many entries on Goodreads have Brendan O'Brien II listed as the author. I can't figure out who this O'Brien is in relation to these recordings; he only seems to be listed on the Goodreads website.

Some entries list John Finnemore but they are connecting to an author by the same name who died in 1915. The writer of the Cabin Pressure series is alive and well.

Some entries have the writer's surname misspelled as Fennimore. Finnemore is the correct spelling.

There are several duplicates between all these different authors.

I'm not sure where to start in straightening all this out. Any advice? Or help?

message 2: by Ayshe (last edited Oct 16, 2017 05:13AM) (new)

Ayshe | 3052 comments Shannon wrote: "John Finnemore is the writer of this series but many entries on Goodreads have Brendan O'Brien II listed as the author. I can't figure out who this O'Brien is in relation to these recordings; he only seems to be listed on the Goodreads website...."

A librarian has added this on the Brendan O'Brien II profile: Using this profile to hunt for other DVDs and recordings of performances

Not all narrations are considered books on goodreads, but it's not crystal clear to all librarians where the line is, see: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... So I suspect that may be the reason of that author, maybe message the librarian in question if you want to.

Shannon wrote: "Some entries list John Finnemore but they are connecting to an author by the same name who died in 1915....."
If they are considered valid entries, then it sounds like the profile needs disambiguation: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...